Napa is a joke

Where does it say "Geniune Parts Company" ?

On Napa Online, if you click on the location, you will see more of the name, such as:

1667219661441.jpg

This one is a corporate location.

The few times I've gone to NAPA it seemed to me they were only catering to the local indy shops. Their stock was overpriced and dusty. DIY guys around here go there much.
My experience as well. They are overwhelmingly structured to support shops as opposed to the retail customer. They're prices are hardly worth a look too, even with discounts.

The two Napa’s in my city are company stores. They are nice and big and are open on Sunday.

I've shopped at NAPA online many times in recent years, always able to get the current promotion price in my cart. Generally good prices on good parts. But I've never bought a battery from them and the store staff can be sketchy (i.e. less than helpful) at times.

I've had a mostly good experience with the local indy-owned NAPA. They adhere to the national ads, and promos, albeit with a bit of reluctance, so that can result in some deals that the other chains stores can't match, and on some stuff the others don't carry.

The issues that can arise are the result of the separation between the corporate operation, and the store being its own entity. Sometimes they don't connect.

That's best avoided by being aware of where the pricing or promo originates from, and using that channel to pursue the transaction. The national/website-based promos also have their share of exclusions, and the site can be a bit wonky, but they're far from unique in those respects.

With indy stores vanishing, I'd hate to have to rely on one of the big chains, even for ubiquitous, generic stuff, so it's good to have NAPA around as another option, even if they straddle that divide uncomfortably sometimes. Come across an old parts vet who knows their stuff, and knows how to cater to pros with no wiggle room, and they can save your butt, even as a DIY.

Their website sucks (although so does Autozone and Advance's site), and the stores seem to vary widely in competence, like any other franchise. The one closest to me is awesome, I was in there yesterday and the guy at the counter actually reminded me that oil filters and HDEO were on sale if I needed any. They've looked up obscure parts for me from 50+ year old antique tractors. The store a few towns away has terrible workers who sit around talking while customers are waiting, and they couldn't even tell me if they had a particular oil in stock.

Back