Advance, Autozone, O'Reilly, NAPA - Your Favorite

for me, it’s Rock, online Toyota/ dealer(usually Maita in Sacramento or Roseville Lexus), Amazon, local parts houses(Monument or SP Automotive) or O’Reilly. AZ is a mess around here, and I equate Duralast === garbage.

It’s Rock or the dealer for major things for me.

Call me crazy, but I used to really like Pep Boys. I could find stuff in there that I couldn't find anywhere else. Especially things like hardware, clips, and the body shop supply section was far bigger than any of the other big guys in my area. Now that they're gone I have been using Napa mainly. I've had a couple of bad experiences recently with Rock.

I recently did a brake job on all four wheels as well as replacing four tires. Amazon was $60 a tire less than anyone else on Yokohama Avid Ascend GT and the pads and rotors were also cheaper than anyone. Was afraid they were going to be old tires, but Simple Tire does fulfillment for Amazon. They were only about four months old. Guy down the street mounted and balanced them for $20 a tire so that worked out well!

Orielly then Napa. The Napa prices in my area are really high and it seems like they cater more to businesses than individual parts buyers.

I actually work at autozone but not a huge fan of their parts only will buy them when I am in desperate need of parts but I like Napa I feel they have better parts than autozone

NAPA seems to be the best around me for keeping things in stock. And sale prices if you catch them are pretty decent.but the one closest to my work was like stepping back to 1973. Long counter with duct tape upholstered stools, two thousand page parts catalog, distributor cap for pen holder. I'm sure a hub cap was the ash tray. Parts guy treated you like a rookie if you didn't come in in a pair of greasy overalls. I'd ask politely if an item was the one on sale, I'd get " I don't know, is it?" Somedays I didn't even feel like returning things for core it was so painful.

AAP
O'Reillys
NAPA
Any dumpster behind a shop
Stuff laying on the shoulder of the road
The far end of the MacDonald's parking lot after midnight
Auto Zone. In my town they seem to hire only people who hate cars and customers, then start each shift with a healthy dose of Immodium.

Napa is the only one that hasn't burned me but I have only shopped there a handful of times due to location.
Anymore, I just go to AZ as it is right down the street and refuse to go to the local Oreilly's as it is managed by an absolutely angry and rude person who yells at customers and argues with them. lol

As far as the parts pricing and quality it is usually 6 of one...

I run a Canadian Tire garage, so I just get my work done by my guys.
I will say, when we can’t get something, a parts chain up here called Bensons Auto Parts is super helpful and can get what I can’t get through CT.

O'Reilly ... it's simple as they are less than 1/2 mile from my front door and on a route I take several times a week. I can order online and the items will be ready later that day for pickup. The staff is ALWAYS friendly and helpful.

There's no NAPA near me and the other stores have been less than helpful and are not conveniently located.

That said, there are very few things I need an auto parts store for ... washer fluid, I bought a set of spark plugs there, and a couple of times I bought a quart of oil. When I had the Buick I picked up some oil filters.

I'm glad they are close by for the times I need some odd items.

AAP
O'Reillys
NAPA
Any dumpster behind a shop
Stuff laying on the shoulder of the road
The far end of the MacDonald's parking lot after midnight
Auto Zone. In my town they seem to hire only people who hate cars and customers, then start each shift with a healthy dose of Immodium.
As a employee of AutoZone they don't care if you know anything about cars or what a car even is all the care about is bodies so the store can be open I wasn't even asked if I had any car knowledge during the interview.

As a employee of AutoZone they don't care if you know anything about cars or what a car even is all the care about is bodies so the store can be open I wasn't even asked if I had any car knowledge during the interview.
It shows and it's sad. Why hire people who are going to be frustrated with the job due to lack of needed skills? Who then go someplace else as soon as an opportunity opens up. New employees cost money and constantly hiring is expensive. As a customer I go where the counter people know parts. There's too many competitors to put up with lousy service.

Back