NAPA Gold vs. WIX>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My O Reilly's has them out where they are gotten by the customer. Guess it's because its a bit of a newer store??? Don't know. But I agree with crazyoildude on this aspect of getting oil filters.

The big sellers (Fram xx2, xx8, xx16, xx9688, xx3600 etc. equivalents) are out on the floor.. The rest are behind the counter.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Here is one of my previous posts from another thread explaining why all the models arent on the shelf.

A good parts store almost has to have the filters in the back. The one place I get Wix has them out, but they have two walls dedicated entirely to filters. The place I get Frams has them all in the back, because they carry a lot, too. There's a reason I don't shop at Walmart. It's so wonderful they carry an FL1A equivalent. Big deal. That doesn't help in a pinch with something else.

there might be a reason you don't shop at wal mart but price is usually not one of them.. There is a reason people flock to wal mart its usually price but you still have to know your numbers. auto parts stores are convenient a lot of times but even with a commercial account they usually have ridiculous prices.

Our Walmart filter pricing isn't spectacular in the least, and hasn't been for about 25 years. The pricing leaves a lot to be desired, and the selection in Canada is even worse. I can see a wall of Fram filters anywhere. I don't have to subject myself to Walmart to see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back