NAPA Gold 7082 [USED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cp3

This is from the 16000km run in the G5, UOA here. Contrary to how it looks, the cover was not hard to tighten down to this point. None of the folds appear to have been compromised but I still don't like the look of this. It seems to be a common occurrence with the 57082/7082 and I probably won't use another one. Other than that, seems to have done just fine.

I have ordered a socket and will be taking the Baldwin that is in there now out to take a look and torque the cap down. With the Baldwin, it actually got tight before the cap was fully seated. The o-ring is down in the housing and sealing, so far. I may also order a new cap with a Delco filter and try that.

NG70822012-10-01A.jpg

NG70822012-10-01B.jpg
NG70822012-10-01C.jpg
NG70822012-10-01D.jpg
NG70822012-10-01E.jpg
NG70822012-10-01F.jpg

Ouch! I am wondering if the filter was slightly out of spec "long" and the cap crushed it down a bit? Not what I expect from a NAPA Gold filter in general. The UOA looked good though so I suspect the filtering path was intact.

I think that is the general consensus as to why this happens. Pretty common on a lot of brands unfortunately.

I forgot to mention the ADB o-ring on this one seemed to be a bit small as well. Several rattly starts on this OCI, especially if it sat for a few days. Only one so far on the Baldwin, very shortly after the change, possibly the first start next day but quiet since.

Wix cartridge filters have been giving us issues at work too. From o rings being to big to filters crushing on installation ( this is referring to CQ branded WIX made filters ) .

If I had a need for one, I would purchase my cartridge filters made by some other company.

My socket finally arrived today so I went out and pulled the current filter out. No indication whatsoever of any twisting or kinking, other than being covered in oil it looked just like the day I put it in. I put it back and tourqued the cap to the spec'd 16 ft-lbs, probably tighter than I have installed it before. I popped it out once more and still no signs of anything happening. Will be interesting to see what shape it is in come spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back