NAPA 5W-30 Full Synthetic, $20.99…

Surprising it's only Dexos 1 Gen 2, Gen 3 has been out for over 2 years. Maybe that explains the (somewhat) low price? ST full synthetic is only $18.98/jug in standard & HM, with Dexos 1 Gen 3 license approval.

Last edited:
I just did an oil change on my sons Sante Fe a couple weeks ago with this. Great oil for a 5K OCI. Used an OEM filter. I got a case of filters for like $50 shipped for 10. Seemed a no brainer to me.

Agree with someone above that Super tech is $18. Wonder if it would be worth it to pay the extra cup of coffee for the advanced super tech at $20? I’m not doing more than 5K so probably should just go buy a cup of coffee instead.

I do not get oil or filters from Maul-Mart…

Too many clowns returning used oil or filters, or leaving empty boxes, or oil bottles filled with water, or worse…

NAPA Platinum or Wix XP from Rock Auto, oil from whatever FLAPS has it on sale…

Too many clowns returning used oil or filters, or leaving empty boxes, or oil bottles filled with water, or worse…

Never had an issue...and if so most people check the filter or be sure the jug of oil is sealed before they buy it....I do..no matter where I purchase it at....

Surprising it's only Dexos 1 Gen 2, Gen 3 has been out for over 2 years. Maybe that explains the (somewhat) low price? ST full synthetic is only $18.98/jug in standard & HM, with Dexos 1 Gen 3 license approval.
Not being wise here but does any of your fleet require DEX 1 Gen3???

Mine doesn’t. My brothers 10’ GMC YUKON doesn’t either. Hmmm🤔🤔🤔🤔

Never experienced that myself, but taking the cap off the oil, and looking for the seal, and opening the filter box and checking the filter, would solve that.

Never experienced that myself, but taking the cap off the oil, and looking for the seal, and opening the filter box and checking the filter, would solve that.
I’ve saw foil caps re glued on jugs. Never again. I use either AAP or Rural King. China Mart is out or off my list. Don’t need that aggregation. Besides: I can open the filter box and oil at Rural King too

I caught a sale on the NAPA full synthetic back when it was not easy to find reasonably priced 0w-20 so I bought a bunch. My Mazda and Nissan have used it almost exclusively for their entire lives and I’m well satisfied with the performance. I did a UOA from the Mazda and it looked really good at 5K.

For the price I would rather give my money to NAPA and Valvoline than China Mart.

I’ve saw foil caps re glued on jugs. Never again. I use either AAP or Rural King. China Mart is out or off my list. Don’t need that aggregation. Besides: I can open the filter box and oil at Rural King too
Really How many???? I never had seen or had this happen to me at all...It is pretty easy to see if the cap has been removed even before you check for the seal...

Really?
I can't even get them off without tearing them.
Be extremely difficult to glue back on and have it look factory.

But, lets say this did happen, to 1 in 1 million jugs.
I'll take my chances on the 999,999 to 1 odds I get that jug.
Worst case scenario, drain the oil again, and redo it.
You probably had barely poured in any before you noticed it was used. Or before pouring any, stick your finger in it, and see if your finger comes out covered in dirty old oil.
I've done a lot of oil changes, know many more who service their own cars and trucks, never seen it, or heard of it from my friends, so it has to be rare.

Reactions: hrv
Back