Napa 41522 Filter missing gasket

Napa had a free shipping promotion last week. So I ordered a Napa Platinum oil filter and Some oil.

When I opened the shipping bag, I noticed the filter box was beat up. I then looked at the oil filter and saw its gasket was missing.

I thought the gasket fell off in the bag, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I then noticed the filter had a small dent on the bottom.

Also, this Napa Platinum filter is different than the previous filter I had. This has louvers and smaller holes on top. This was made on 12/28/20

RqcOmrx.jpg

WHUTIZY.jpg

d7YzdNz.jpg

Gonna have to really tighten that one down to get it to seal. :oops:

One of the negatives of ordering ANY filter online, no prior inspection possible. Obviously this anecdote would have been an easy rejection.

Also why ordering from a reputable seller important. Returns should be free and easy to do.

As for different, Wix has been switching to louvers for some time now. I've used many and all have been fine. As for "smaller holes on top", assume that means the inlet holes. They look fine to me, and I'll bet total area of holes still at least equal to or greater than (more likely) the area of the inner diameter mounting stud. In other words, another non issue.

So, return to seller for refund or replacement.

Last edited:
Back