NAPA 3003 Fuel Filter as PS Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mercedes used a PS cartridge filter, so filtration seems to be a good idea.
Will it flow enough, filter enough, and last? I dunno - but it should be better than nothing.

Some Mercedes but not all have PS filter, I believe my '00 E430 doesn't have it. I may add this NAPA Gold Fuel Filter 3033 (metal case) to my E430.

Thanks for posting this excellent low cost idea.
thumbsup2.gif

It's weird, I get to napaautoparts.com trying to find Gold Fuel Filter part number 3003 or 3033, and it shows nothing. When I tried to enter Fuel Filter, it shows this:

Fuel Filter - Ag
Fuel Filter - Custom
Fuel Filter - H/D Truck
Fuel Filter - Industrial
Fuel Filter - Motorcycle & Specialty
Fuel Filter - Power Equipment
Fuel Filter - Universal Marine
Fuel Filter Banjo Bolt Socket
Fuel Filter Base
Fuel Filter Bowl
Fuel Filter Bowl - Power Equipment
Fuel Filter Bowl Element
Fuel Filter Cabinet
Fuel Filter Cart
Fuel Filter Clip
Fuel Filter Gasket
Fuel Filter Gasket - Carburetor Inlet
Fuel Filter Hand Primer
Fuel Filter Heater Kit
Fuel Filter Housing
Fuel Filter Installation Locator Guide
Fuel Filter Promotional Kit
Fuel Filter Spring
Fuel Injection Cleaning Kit Fuel Filter
Water Sensor Wrench - Fuel Filter

Which sub-category has the part numbers 3003 or 3033 ?

The box is pictured.

fwiw, the Audi guys are telling me they routinely find a good volume of metal scrap in their PS systems.

Drove the CRV 100mi today. No leaks, no issues and fluid is crystal clear.

Yes, I saw the picture of the fuel filter box you posted. The NAPA store closest to my home is about 20 miles away, I preferred to buy it online if possible to save 40 miles round trip.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
The box is pictured.

fwiw, the Audi guys are telling me they routinely find a good volume of metal scrap in their PS systems.

Good stuff... Keep me posted, would be interested to do it on my Santa Fe if it works out for you!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
The box is pictured.

Good stuff... Keep me posted, would be interested to do it on my Santa Fe if it works out for you!
wink.gif

Agreed. I will be following this thread.

I asked for help in how to search for NAPA part number(s), and this is the respond and it WORKS, I found both fuel filters 3003 and 3033 under "SEARCH NAPA CATALOG".

"Thank you for visiting NAPAonline.com. The fuel filters that you are searching for are available at local NAPA stores, and can also be ordered at NAPAonline. To order a part online or obtain more information about it, please return to NAPA online at your earliest convenience and look for "SEARCH NAPA CATALOG" on the lift side, click on it. Simply enter the part number in Search and click on part number; now click on the red arrow. Scroll down and follow the instructions on your screen."

Click on "SEARCH NAPA CATALOG" on the left side in napaautoparts.com. Enter part number "FIL3033" on the next page in the search area and select "Part Number" then click on Red Arrow.

It is very to see that the metal filter 3033 is better choice than the plastic filter 3003 for $1 more, it includes 2 hoses and 3 clamps as shown in the picture.

I would rather the see-through one because you get to see inside the filter... If it holds up just the same in AJ's application.

Keep us updated on these filters on your cars. I would like to know how well they hold up. I would consider installing one of these on my own car depending on how they do in the long run. I also like the translucent housing to inspect the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back