Nankang tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, I might have put 303 on them once, but I try to avoid putting any dressings on my tires.

8 other vehicles in our family fleet cant be wrong... I think it is the antioxidant and anti-UV chemistry (or lack thereof) in those tires!

Id probably buy them again, all said and done - for the price and performance, I dont think I can beat them.

JMH

I don't use any. The only benefit of the dressing is the looks, and I kind of grew out of that. With some of those dressings you can do more harm than good.

Not sure about todays AA, but back in the day (10 years back) their tire treatment contained silicone which just accelerates rubber breakdown if you don't continue applying it religiously. Within a few months of me stopping to use AA, the rubber on my sidewalls was all cracked. "Destroyed" was too strong of a word maybe. I continued driving on them for a few more years.

I'll add a quick review of Nankang tires. I just had the chance to drive a car with a pair of Nankang TourSport 611 tires, and I can say they should be renamed Nankang TourSport 911 because you'll be calling 911 when you slide off the road, wet or dry.

Made in China.

Would it be unethical to slash these tires, and say it happened overnight?

Quote:
My hypothesis was correct... People buy economy cars, and then want to put the lowest price tire on them as possible, when confronted with the sticker shock of how much it costs to replace four low profile performance tires on their economy car.

IMHO totaling the car in an accident due to a lack of traction would be much more expensive.

I just cannot understand why people try to skimp on tires and brakes. If you amortise the cost, getting the right quality very cheap on a cost/mile basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back