Name that Vehicle

I always name my cars...not sure why...i just do...
1987 Olds 98 (had been Grandpa's Car) usually just referred to as "The Oldsmobile" in a manner similar to "The Batmobile" ie: I'd say to my Buddy, "Quick Ryan! To the Oldsmobile!"
2000 Hyundai Sonata - "Bob". I forget why
2005 Dodge neon - "Toothless" the front reminded me of the dragon of the same name from "How to train your Dragon"
2009 Mercury Sable - "Kenny" after a Customer who had recently passed (there's more to that story)
2013 Ford Cmax - "Cliffjumper", a tough Little Red Autobot. I also replaced all the Ford Badges(including Center Caps) with Autobot ones.

My until recently boss (Friday was his last day) always named his as well...
I only know of the last 3
2004?ish Dodge Dakota, bought when he was stationed in upstate NY, was Either Bo, or Beau..
2009?ish Jeep Commander "Riker"
2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Juan (Built in MEX)

My 2008 Taco was named "Tess" after the smoking hot red head on Eureka
My 1991 BMW Motorcycle was named "Bette" after the smoking hot red head Better MIdler
My 2021 BMW motorcycle is named " Die Rotte Gottesanbeterin" which means Red Praying Mantis
My 2005 Honda Accord was named "LEMON"
My 2018 F-150 is named "Arrest Me Red"

My mother named every car, "Betsy".

My old Rav4 was named Ravy. The new Rav4 is named Ruby Sue. The color is ruby red and after Ruby Sue in Christmas Vacation.

Our yellow avalanche is " Big Bird".

1627951034207.jpg

1627951121723.jpg

My son attributes whatever car I drive to it's general shape. 09 Escape was the "square car". 05 Legacy wagons were "triangle car". 01-07 Taurus's were the "circle" cars.

Back