(N)Ever Start Battery Alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gang,

My two Baja 90cc ATVs run great, but the batteries leave quite a bit to be desired. As the title suggests, they do not last very long and if the ATV is turned over, they practically die on the spot.

Does anyone have experiences with a readily available battery they can share as an alternative? Ever Start is sold by WM with no warranty for about $40. I would not spending a little more to buy something that lasts.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Everlast I belive is made by Jhonston Controls and those are good batteries

My first instinct would be something from advance just because of coupon codes. Where I get my motorcycle battery. Probably a different source than the car batteries. IIRC you get a warranty but not a good one, 30 days?

Do they make little optima style AGM/gel batteries?

Little unknown information....Wal Mart basically stole the name of their batteries from Chrysler.Mopar's premium battery line used to be called "Everstart".However,I think the trade name lapsed for quite some time before a Bentonville Ark brainchild came up with "Everstart"....

Originally Posted By: bk111
kirkland signature from costco. Free replacements for three years

On motorcycle and atv batteries as well?

That'd be a first.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Little unknown information....Wal Mart basically stole the name of their batteries from Chrysler.Mopar's premium battery line used to be called "Everstart".However,I think the trade name lapsed for quite some time before a Bentonville Ark brainchild came up with "Everstart"....

I don't believe trademarks lapse or expire like a patent, they are owned.

Originally Posted By: bk111
kirkland signature from costco. Free replacements for three years

The COSTCO stores in my area don't sell motorcycle or ATV batteries. Only auto and boat batteries.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
You need AGM batteries. They wont leak the acid out when you crash.

I found one for my bike @ napa.

+1 on AMG or a gell cell. BatteriesPlus sells gell cells. They will not leak if turned upside down. However they cost about twice as much, and only last 2 years. Store them cold but not frozen for longest life.

Thanks all; AGM it is. I found a few for less than $30 and free shipping (which is $10 less than the Never Starts) with a 1 year warranty so I think I will have to go for 2 of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back