Mystery Foam

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend commented that something was hanging from her car-17 Optima LX

The sun was going down and we were going places, but it looks like a piece of low density foam strip, kind of like the stuff they sell at Home Depot for weather stripping. Looked square, no adhesive, little less than an inch, couldn't see where or if it was attached but sort of stuck near the engine block. I spent less than five seconds taking a quick look.

I can crawl around under her car tomorrow or just cut or pull it off. To me it looks like something was dropped in the road and she ran over it. Car runs fine. From what I saw nothing was leaking, but it was a real quick look at a real bad time.

About the same density as a swimming pool noodle, but square and long. As I said before, looks like part of the roll stuff they sell for sticking under windows. Close to a foot of it was hanging down, maybe more, I didn't get my head under there very far. I was on a busy parking lot.

Can anyone figure out if this could be automotive or should I just yank away?

I'd say it warrants a second/closer look...

could be exactly what you think it is...she "ran over it" and part of it touched the hot exhaust bits just enough to melt and stick onto something.....

IDK. Some of the newer Nissan's have foam blocks on top of the radiator support area. Maybe blocks wind when the hood is closed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back