My world

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

akuska, HT/HS at +150c is what people and specs are looking for, not just +100c visc. GC has a 3.6 HT/HS while at 12cSt (+100c) Mobil 1 0w-40 needs a thicker 14(+-)cSt base to make the same HT/HS rating.

Yes, but what has that to do with stereotypes of "heavy oils" keeping GC alive after the rest of the manufacturers have switched to 5w20?

I just emptied two more East Tennessee stores of their GC green and their Belgium 5w40. The manager of the store asked me, "what sort of motor are you using that oil in?" as he pointed to the GC. I told him that it was going into the new GM 3.5L V6. He replied, "Oh, I new it had to be something new. That's too thin for all the GM motors I know about." I told him that some of the Fords are using "even thinner" oil. He said, "Well, they 'sound' thinner because of the 20 number, but they are 5W not 0W. Zero W is just too thin." I just smiled and said "well I'm going to give it a try". I walked to may car, loaded my stash, and moved on.

Stop it GMorg! I thought I had the addiction pretty well quelled, but between your posts, and the fact that my collection is "dwindling" toward only 125 quarts of green, I'm starting to feel the urge again. . .
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

ekpolk,
Sorry, I don't know what I'm doing. I have the disease too. I don't actually have an immediate need for the Belgium 5W40...I bought it anyway.

Want some? You know you do...

GMorg,

I just helped a coworker move his son's washer and dryer out of some apartments atop a steep hill behind that KMart. Were you living back in there? I live over on Holston Ave. on the TN side, fixing up, room by room one of those old houses.

Actually, I'm pretty new to the area. I've only lived here about 2 years. My wife is from around Jonesborough, I'm from Texas. I've fled the Texas heat and humidity for the more agreeable mountain climate.

Anyway, I have seen the GC at the Autozone in Bristol on Volunteer Parkway and in Johnson City on Market St.

Jett Rink in Bristol

Jett Rink,

I lived in the Northeastern most apartment of that complex.

As for the GC, it is all around you. I haven't checked the Johnson City store, does is still have green GC?

Well, gang, while you all are still looking for The Green, I scored my first 06 batch...oh rapture
fruit.gif
oh joy
fruit.gif
...really! You know, at one time The Green was the only color I thought I could love, but as many of you know...the value of Gold has REALLY GONE UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back