My Wife Says Her Drain Is Draining Too Slow

My wife has been telling me her bathroom sink drain had really gotten slow.
I figured I would tackle this job on a Sat afternoon. Well, I took off the bottom loop and look what I found. I guess we have
found what was impeding the water flow down the drain. I'm scared to touch it without gloves and a body suit.

I can smell that picture, blech!

Pulling the drain P-trap is more preventative maintenance for members with long hair. And not to dump hair stuck on the hairbrush down the drain also.

Oh well...
This is what I had to do with the sink, and yes it was from her brushing her hair.

Yep, when I would have to clean the shower drain because it started draining slower, I would always make the best "Chewbacca howl" that I could when I pulled it out. I'd tell her that I found another wet Wookie in the shower drain. She would roll her eyes of course. :rolleyes:
I solved that problem by putting a drain hair catcher in, that way it doesn't get down into the drain itself. Just clean it out after a shower and move on, no more wet Wookies.

I use the ZEP brand liquid enzyme cleaner in all the drains every 3 months or so. I get mine at Home Depot.
I used the ZEP liquid enzyme in the past - I would do the treatment before going on a trip so it would have a couple days to eat away at all the crap. I have switched to the green gobbler sticks you drop down the drains every couple weeks that I understand are same enzyme. 4+ years later have never had any issues, my sink p-trap had zero buildup when I had my kitchen renovated last year.

Have never really looked to see if the enzyme cleaners will slowly eat away at hair but guessing they probably could break them down eventually.

My wife has been telling me her bathroom sink drain had really gotten slow.
I figured I would tackle this job on a Sat afternoon. Well, I took off the bottom loop and look what I found. I guess we have
found what was impeding the water flow down the drain. I'm scared to touch it without gloves and a body suit.

🤮

Back