My Wife Says Her Drain Is Draining Too Slow

My wife has been telling me her bathroom sink drain had really gotten slow.
I figured I would tackle this job on a Sat afternoon. Well, I took off the bottom loop and look what I found. I guess we have
found what was impeding the water flow down the drain. I'm scared to touch it without gloves and a body suit.

Attachments

• IMG_5990.jpeg
    IMG_5990.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 238
Did she wash her hair in that sink? sheesh. That is something i’d expect in the shower drain.

Save that huge clump of hair. You can get a car wash out of it one time.

Bro, my ex-wife is 100% Italian and has the thickest hair I've seen. Kept long way past her shoulders. I had to de hair the shower drain almost every month with triple that amount, sink drain too.

After two years now, I still find her hair in the house.

I figured I would tackle this job on a Sat afternoon. Well, I took off the bottom loop and look what I found. I guess we have
found what was impeding the water flow down the drain. I'm scared to touch it without gloves and a body suit.
Tell her to stop washing her hair in the sink. That’s what shower is for. My 2cents

Did she wash her hair in that sink? sheesh. That is something i’d expect in the shower drain.
My hunch is she brushes her hair at the sink/mirror and rinses hairs that come out down the drain. I made our older daughter clean out the sink drain (using one of those long, plastic barb tools) and the younger one watch so they know why not to put hair down there anymore. 😜

She’s at Kroger now. I’m just waiting to show her when she gets back.

And she doesn’t wash her hair in the sink ????

We have lived here since 1994. I’ve never cleaned any sink drain out.

The hair is different colors. This drain has been collecting hair for a long, long time. Through different hair colorings. LOL

The inadvertent piece of misplaced dental floss didn't help either.

I used a modified coat hanger. It is sucking water now.

Attachments

• 1653776328933.jpg
    1653776328933.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 11
I use the ZEP brand liquid enzyme cleaner in all the drains every 3 months or so. I get mine at Home Depot.

Pulling the drain P-trap is more preventative maintenance for members with long hair. And not to dump hair stuck on the hairbrush down the drain also.

Oh well...

Back