My weed wacker won't start.

Thanks for the replies. So apparently there's a fuel filter somewhere???? After I ran it a while, it seems to be ok. I added a little Techron to the fuel, which can't hurt. I'm going to check the fuel filter, and I know my stepson has a D carb adjusting tool.

I dumped my gas weed whacker and bought a Milwaukee M18 cordless one. It's not a cheap one that would be considered light duty. I already had Milwaukee M18 batteries and a charger.

I am not ready to say go to cordless for every piece of OPE but weed whacker and hedge trimmer seem reasonable to go to cordless ones.

Thanks for the replies. So apparently there's a fuel filter somewhere???? After I ran it a while, it seems to be ok. I added a little Techron to the fuel, which can't hurt. I'm going to check the fuel filter, and I know my stepson has a D carb adjusting tool.
You have to snag the fuel line which is dangling inside the tank and pull it out of the tank's spout. The round white fuel filter is on the end of the fuel line.

No joke I have fixed tons of "half crank" throw away trimmers that the engine fell apart by breaking its fasteners. A trip to the store for grade 8 fasteners fixed them all.

Back