My Toyota Dealer Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, that's kind of an odd thing... why anyone would want/need a Toyota symbol smack in the center of their flipper is beyond me.

But the good service and satisfaction is the end goal and they succeeded. Glad to hear that.

Wonder if they cost more than other dealers around...

Originally Posted by StevieC
My phone battery was near dead until now... This is the BBQ flipper.

And bottle opener. It's beautiful!

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Sorry, that's kind of an odd thing... why anyone would want/need a Toyota symbol smack in the center of their flipper is beyond me.

But the good service and satisfaction is the end goal and they succeeded. Glad to hear that.

I want it. Burgers taste better with a Toyota symbol on them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Leo99

I agree, they aren't the most exciting burgers out there, but they're darn good and leave a good taste in your mouth afterwards...

We had the same experience at our our LEXUS dealership. In fact, this dealership houses many brands(Lexus, VW, KIA, NISSAN) and I also take my Altima there as well with similar treatment. However, the LEXUS brand certainly gives an even more KYA experience. All vehicles get a wash when the service is done.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Originally Posted by Leo99

I agree, they aren't the most exciting burgers out there, but they're darn good and leave a good taste in your mouth afterwards...

Agreed but it is a promotional item so I would want my company logo on it too if I were giving it away. I just like that it's all stainless and will stand up to repeated use sort of thing when I replace my existing one. Nothing more / nothing less.

I've been working at a dealer for a month or so. I've pretty much confirmed my non use of dealers unless needed. I've seen lube techs who don't know what oil to put in or how to fully drain a dry sump to calipers hanging by the brake hoses.

Originally Posted by E150GT
I've been working at a dealer for a month or so. I've pretty much confirmed my non use of dealers unless needed. I've seen lube techs who don't know what oil to put in or how to fully drain a dry sump to calipers hanging by the brake hoses.

That's what I learned whenever I went into the shop at the 5 different dealers I worked at.

Bit over a year ago, was looking for a car for my wife.
We drove a bunch of stuff and she chose Holden Captiva as her model of choice...test drove a bunch of cars, and she chose the Captiva as her preference.

Driving back from the movies one school holiday day with my son, we wnet past the nearest Mazda dealer, who had a black Captiva in the yard...I checked it out, we drove it, we haggled, and I put a conditional deposit on it, that sale was subject to approval of my wife, who had the ultimate choice...They typed it up on the bill of sale, that should she reject it, the deposit was fully refundable.

They promised to stay open the afternoon of the inspection, as we had to both co-ordinate after work, and wife went off on a solo drive...came back happy. wanted the car.

They whisked it away...we admired the view...their workshop is adjacent to an elite, hotel with $M view.

Car came back full of diesel, bunch of flowers on the passenger seat.

10 year old car, $6,500 car (Holden) from a Mazda dealer, million dollar view, and they made my wife feel like the most important person in the world.

Few weeks later, fuel filter cracked, and they authorised our local mechanic to fix it for them.

Then rang a week before the 3 month statutory warranty expired to see that it was all OK...follow up FTW.

Financed by myself of course, but happy wife, happy life...and I really do enjoy the car now I fitted decent All Terrains on it (seriously, can transport a single bed in the back of that thing..we did when we sold one on our version of Craigslist)

Nice swag!

When I had my Tundra and the wife her Prius, our local dealership was excellent in the service department also. No up selling when bringing it in for service and the servicing was done right the first time. Also, the service bays were visible from the lounge waiting area so you can see what was being done on your vehicle if you so choose.

Night and day difference from FCA.

Originally Posted by Hootbro
Nice swag!

When I had my Tundra and the wife her Prius, our local dealership was excellent in the service department also. No up selling when bringing it in for service and the servicing was done right the first time. Also, the service bays were visible from the lounge waiting area so you can see what was being done on your vehicle if you so choose.

Night and day difference from FCA.

The FCA dealer I dealt with did a lot of fleet vehicles and also had a full body shop. They were a 5-star dealer back when Chrysler used to rate them so it would appear they had a long history of good service. That said I had 0 issues with them but there was no extras, no free-wifi, no free drinks and I couldn't see my vehicle where I would wait. They also closed at 5pm every night but were open Saturdays. Problem was everyone and their brother would book appointments on the Saturday so trying to get an appointment would result in 2-3 weeks waiting and as I use my vehicle for work that was really a PITA.

Last edited:
I just hope the rest of the service visits are just as quick and pleasant. Something tells me they are extra nice to people who are new in their system, or just bought the vehicle from them. Not skeptical, just realistic.

Also it's shocking they did not mention the missed oil change? 2500 miles is far beyond the service interval, like another 50% beyond.

Originally Posted by DGXR
I just hope the rest of the service visits are just as quick and pleasant. Something tells me they are extra nice to people who are new in their system, or just bought the vehicle from them. Not skeptical, just realistic.

Also it's shocking they did not mention the missed oil change? 2500 miles is far beyond the service interval, like another 50% beyond.

My vehicle is rated at 16,000km (10K miles) for the oil change using 0w20, just that they recommend inspecting the oil visually at 8,000km (5K miles). Unless the vehicle is used severe duty, then it should be changed at 8,000km (5K miles).

Little do they know the oil has already been changed 3 times.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
It's always a super nice experience when the vehicle doesn't need anything.. Or they don't try upselling you something. Regardless, this was smart marketing. Buttering you up so you'll use them for service in the future.

Yes, definitely a butter-up job going on there.
smile.gif

Usually the nicer they are and the better the gifts are the bigger the screw job later on. So brace yourself, the royal screw is coming.

Not going back unless it's warranty and Judging by the abundance of Google reviews at both Toyota locations I would say they have it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back