My son is a Kentucky Colonel

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son just sent me a pic of his certificate. I didn't even know it was a thing, but when I saw the governor's a d Secretary of State's signatures, I figured I should look into it.

To be clear, I have two sons and two daughters. The subject of this post is my older son, who is a disabled veteran.

Kentucky Colonel is a genuine honor bestowed by the state of Kentucky. I'm actually pretty thrilled by it.

I'm pretty sure it also gives him a special licence plate. I've seen a few Colonel marked license plates from the Blue Grass state.

Congratulations to him.

My only recollection of the Kentucky Colonels are the ABA team with that name. They had some great players.

Why aren't there any colored colonels?
confused2.gif

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
confused2.gif

Not sure what color you're looking for, but my son is half Mexican and has a decided brownish tint to his skin. "Colored" isn't a word I would use to describe someone. I haven't looked at all of the Kentucky Colonels, so I don't know if there are any other colors.

Thanks to all. He was kind of a troubled kid, and I wasn't sure what would become of him. When he joined the Army, I wasn't sure how it would work out. It worked out fine, in the sense that he not only made it through boot camp, he became a pretty fast runner and more athletic than his old man, and made it up to staff sergeant in a fairly short time. He was deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan, but was apparently exposed to some chemical agents along the way. So his career was cut short by neurological issues, with which he is currently struggling.

To make a long story short, I'm very proud of him, and, if you're the praying type, I'd certainly appreciate your prayers for his future health.

Congratulations to your son! I am one myself, and also a member of the Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels(the former is an honorific title bestowed by the governor, the latter is a charitable organization composed of folks who have been named the former).

It is certainly an honor to be named one.

I have nominated and obtained commissions for folks of quite a variety of ethnicities and nationalities-I can assure that's not the case!

confused2.gif

Why did you assume there weren't any , and make this post?

Last edited:
One of the most honorable Kentucky Colonels is African American: Carl Brashear
The movie Men of Honor is inspired on his life story.

confused2.gif

I think I may have heard it all with that statement .
Johnnie Depp . , Billy Ray Cyrus . I would never join a club that would let a guy like me in .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back