My son bought a new(to him) car...

My son picked up a CPO 2018 330i xDrive with 16,500 miles on it. His salesperson said she’d be happy to go over the features with him but she said I would probably do a better job(I doubt it). The SXM wasn’t activated but I used my old SXM Dealer app to send a refresh signal and it worked. He loves it.
1627787903586.png
1627788176325.png

My son picked up a CPO 2018 330i xDrive with 16,500 miles on it. His salesperson said she’d be happy to go over the features with him but she said I would probably do a better job(I doubt it). The SXM wasn’t activated but I used my old SXM Dealer app to send a refresh signal and it worked. He loves it.
Beautiful car but find it odd that the only important highlight you mentioned was the radio? No mention of the power, the handling, the braking, the styling, the fit and finish, etc. I didn't think it would be true, but it does seem the current generation is only interested in the car's entertainment system.:LOL:

Nice beemer, color is a bit off for resale in the future, it's what my son calls baby poop brown. One of the top salespersons at Plaza motors here in Saint Louis was female, she was terminated after they found she had posted raunchy pics online, they had a code of ethics, my point really is who trained that woman, I would freak out if I heard such a statement !!

Beautiful car but find it odd that the only important highlight you mentioned was the radio? No mention of the power, the handling, the braking, the styling, the fit and finish, etc. I didn't think it would be true, but it does seem the current generation is only interested in the car's entertainment system.:LOL:
My son is definitely a car guy. He’s taken a couple courses at the BMW Performance Center in SC. We both know the F30 3 Series pretty well as they were new when my son and I worked at BMW. He wants to get a second car for HPDEs but that’s a few years off. He bought the car in Louisville but he lives in Charlotte, NC- so he wanted SXM activated for the drive home. His salesperson is a friend and she was slammed the night it was delivered so I said I would handle the delivery when he brought it to my house.
He’s lobbying me to get either an M2 Comp or a ZL1 1LE so we can “share” it at driving events.

Last edited:
That's the main section of the owner's manual, usually 50 pages long just by itself!!

Nice car. Congrats. My relatives in Kentucky could keep their cars rust free for 20+ years.

The color reminds me of a 1966 SS396 Chevelle my oldest brother bought new. Chevy called the color Aztec Bronze. It was a rare color back then as I’ve only seen a couple of Chevelles with it since. I personally love it and your sons Beemer is gorgeous to my old eyes! :cool:

The color reminds me of a 1966 SS396 Chevelle my oldest brother bought new. Chevy called the color Aztec Bronze. It was a rare color back then as I’ve only seen a couple of Chevelles with it since. I personally love it and your sons Beemer is gorgeous to my old eyes! :cool:
He did an online search and there were only 56 in that color in the US.

My son is definitely a car guy. He’s taken a couple courses at the BMW Performance Center in SC. We both know the F30 3 Series pretty well as they were new when my son and I worked at BMW. He wants to get a second car for HPDEs but that’s a few years off. He bought the car in Louisville but he lives in Charlotte, NC- so he wanted SXM activated for the drive home. His salesperson is a friend and she was slammed the night it was delivered so I said I would handle the delivery when he brought it to my house.
He’s lobbying me to get either an M2 Comp or a ZL1 1LE so we can “share” it at driving events.
It's always good when Father and Son's in my case I have twin sons now 48, back in the day Philip the elder by 6mins had a 69 351 Mustang sports roof,which when finished and converted to a 5-speed stick with 3.50 9" rear and Edelbrock Heads ran 186 mph, Richard had a quarter-mile Camaro, aka the heavy Chevy, which would just beat Corvettes of 1996 era.

Sorry to be that guy. Here goes
Bimmer is four wheeled BMW.
Beemer or beamer is the motorized two wheeler(I'm guessing we'll exclude the scooter)
You are forgiven, BTW at the same time i had the Matchless, my friend had the Douglass Dragonfly, very similar to BMW bike's

Reactions: 555
I like the color choice. Brother has a '19 Corolla hatch in a similar color called Smoked Paprika Metallic. I had to look up the name. That shade is no longer available for the '21 models. After a few white and silver cars I like the change. Plus it sticks out in traffic better to avoid accidents.

It's always good when Father and Son's in my case I have twin sons now 48, back in the day Philip the elder by 6mins had a 69 351 Mustang sports roof,which when finished and converted to a 5-speed stick with 3.50 9" rear and Edelbrock Heads ran 186 mph, Richard had a quarter-mile Camaro, aka the heavy Chevy, which would just beat Corvettes of 1996 era.
It really is a blessing when father and son share mutual interests. I have a friend who picked up a new Cayman S; he asked his teenage son if he wanted to drive it home and the kid declined. I would have had to fight my son for the driver’s seat.
My son is like me in that he likes other cars than just Bimmers; I could see him picking up a Mach 1 or a Nissan 400Z in a few years. We also like all kinds of auto racing; we’ve attended F1, Indycar, and NASCAR races and taken a few of my cars to the local 1/8 mile drag strip. I wouldn’t trade those shared experiences for anything.

How do you like it compared to the E90?
The E90 has much better steering feel and the I6 is much smoother. The F30 has a nicer interior and the technology works seamlessly. For a DD where you aren’t pushing it the F30 gets the nod.

Back