My sister had a weird experience at Wal-Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by Uphill_Both_Ways
I had no idea that holding a basket in one hand prevents everyone from pocketing a can of tuna with the other.

Common sense says its easier for camera security to watch one hand movement on video - versus two hands.

Guess you've never seen a magic show then huh? Slight of hand does exactly that, make it harder to effectively observe one hand because the other draws your attention..... Common sense doesn't cover everything.

They can try all sorts of things, it's up to the customer if they let them or not. I don't go there often, but sometimes it's just more convenient. They try to "inspect" receipts near the exit, just like Costco does. But unlike Costco, where this is listed as part of the membership, Walmart has no such hold on a customer. I just walk around the person without showing them my receipt.

I hear ya. Weird stuff happens in Wallys, then again, if you want everything under the sun at the lowest possible cost under one roof, you have to deal with it.

To those insulted by being frisked at the exit? Shop elsewhere. I don't blame them one bit for checking receipts, etc.

Last edited:
My wife used to work at Walmart. Their loss numbers have always been high. It's not just pilfering of stuff either.

People would return jeans that were not even sold at WM. Probably garage sale stuff then return for profit. There are organized groups that pull this stuff all the time.

She found men's briefs that had been opened and sandwiched between two nice pairs would be a used one of lesser quality.

It happened often as well that a large group of a certain people (will leave it at that) would come into the store 30 minutes before closing and use a lot of distractions so certain ones could do their "shopping". It was timed just right for their activities, usually swap and shop style.

All stores have these issues. Walmart gets the focus because they are the largest.

Also, if you think you get better products at any of the other retailers, guess again. It all comes out of the same factories with the only difference being the label. Macy's, Target, etc. It all the same stuff.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Also, if you think you get better products at any of the other retailers, guess again. It all comes out of the same factories with the only difference being the label. Macy's, Target, etc. It all the same stuff.

Yeah, I don't know where that thinking comes from. Walmart is the largest retailer and probably does more sales than many of those stores combined. They just have a lot more purchasing power. So it's the same thing, only cheaper. Otherwise, it'd be cheaper stuff that's cheaper. Which would be about the same as more expensive stuff that's better. Which would eliminate the reason to shop there in the first place.

People would return jeans that were not even sold at WM. Probably garage sale stuff then return for profit. There are organized groups that pull this stuff all the time.

A few years ago a BITOG member bought clearance oil at AAP and then returned it for store credit at Wal-Mart.

The guy was bragging about getting $100 gift card for $30 of oil he purchased at AAP

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

A few years ago a BITOG member bought clearance oil at AAP and then returned it for store credit at Wal-Mart.

The guy was bragging about getting $100 gift card for $30 of oil he purchased at AAP

Shameful.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

You may earn plenty, and can afford other (more expensive) options, but millions don't.
Over 50% of USA Americans live week-to-week financially.

Where I live, Aldi is cheaper than Walmart and 99% of the time, the grocery items are better quality. We go to Aldi and a locally-owned grocery store for all our grocery needs and any incidental or non-grocery stuff will end up being Walmart. Especially if it's at a late hour.

My local WM store has very little locked up but if you go 20 miles north, their store is on full lock-down. That store is so bad that it's a Supercenter but only has ONE entrance, most have 2-3. They even took the TLE away for some reason.

Originally Posted by Patman
I'm not sure why so many people are against Walmart, their prices are great and they carry a lot of things. I find them very convenient for me, I live less than a mile from one, so if I need to run out and grab something (like I did last night) then it's very convenient. I do try to avoid it during the busiest times though, because it can be a zoo. There are a lot of things at Walmart that are 20-25% cheaper than what I'd pay at the grocery store or other department stores. Save money, live better
smile.gif

Virtue signalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back