My service dog got hit by a car this morning.

I want to say that Veterans K9 Solutions has stepped up and been supportive. They are organizing a fundraiser to help with the vet cost and have a service dog ready to replace her should it come to that. I can't say enough about how good this organization has been to me and many other veterans.
If you have a link to the fundraiser, please share. I’d be more than happy to help out.

Copy/paste my post from Facebook...

At 5:05 this evening, Tallulah passed on to that big doghouse in the sky. Her injuries were too severe.

This is the hardest passing of a pet I've ever dealt with. Tallulah wasn't just a dog or even just a part of our family. She was my anchor through a lot of dark times, especially this year. I'm fighting back the tears as I type this, but I know she's not hurting anymore. At the same time, I'm so angry because she was such a good dog, so well behaved, so loving, and so loyal. It's just not fair! Tallulah! We love you, girl! I hope we gave you a good home and a good life. Hopefully we can meet again someday. Rest in peace.

You will meet again. Sorry for your loss.
d1f4e2b3c840729548998c2141864542 (2).jpg

Man, my Prayers go out to both of you! I am so sorry this has happened to her. If she's in pain, PLEASE do the right thing.
Can you get another service dog if worse comes to worse?

Man, my Prayers go out to both of you! I am so sorry this has happened to her. If she's in pain, PLEASE do the right thing.
Can you get another service dog if worse comes to worse?

They kept her sedated and on painkillers. She went peacefully on her own as there was nothing they could do about the internal bleeding. All they could do was make her comfortable. I was holding her when she took her last breath.

Veterans K9 Solutions already has me a replacement. She's a 6 month old yellow lab named Zoey. They're arranging for me to get her next week and get right to training.

Veteran K9 Solutions must be one incredible organization to be so on top of this. Hoping that you and the new pup will bond quickly. And again sorry for your loss.

Back