My reintroduction to BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well everyone i'd like to reintroduce myself to the BITOG community. I started off here rather immature and uneducated. I joined back in 2007 when I stumbled upon this website on google trying to figure out what oil to use in my moms car (dad out of the picture). I found tonnes informantion. I am now 19 years old as of Nov 25th. I started my first real job at Great Canadian Oil Change in November of 08. I hung around the shop a lot and asked questions, and after many applications they hired me onto the team.

I've been there for 4 years now, and I work with a crew I might aswell call my family. I started off my first year as a pit technician and worked my way up to an upper technican. Throughout the job I have learned a lot about vehicles and service, and I take a lot of pride in the work I do. Yes I am on commisson, and it is probably the only thing that keeps a large majority of our customers vehicles running well. When anyone old, young, and uneducated comes in I take responsibility in making sure that all fluids and filters are maintained within the intervals specified by the manufacturer. There are many people that think I am trying to take them for a ride when I make recommendations.. ie: that they replace their fuel filter that looks like it's been bathing in salt. But i'm just doing my job and trying to maintain the vehicle. There is not any over-selling as that puts my job on the line.

Since working there I have also had a total of 10 vehicles including 2 motorcycles and I sure had my fun with them. Anyways, I have been very inactive for a long period of time, but often end up on here when looking for information at work and I always find great advice. I would love to be more active in the forums and will try my best to do so.

Andrew
577006_4776412485250_1952195912_n.jpg

Welcome back, Andrew. I'm sure you'll be able to contribute a lot of sound advice based on your experience these last few years. I look forward to your posts.

Great re-intro and kudos to your ethics.

I am new here myself and find this site a great resource of info slso.

Thanks everyone! The truck is financed, but is my pride and joy. I worked hard for it and you couldnt find a dirty fluid anywhere in the thing :p As far as the pay goes, I work full time and do take a lot of cars. Some busy days I can do upwards of 25 cars to myself, so there is a lot of service to be done. I dont use pressure sales, but I do my best to educate the customer as to why the service will benefit them and their vehicle. And then theres the big spenders from the oil rigs with their big trucks. We are always servicing drivelines and fuel filters at their request.

Haha he didnt want to mop the pit floor alone! After the pic we went in and tried to put a dent in the mess.

Welcome back and that was an excellent introduction post. We all look forward to you positive and informative posts here. I like hearing what goes on "the inside" of repair centers. Sounds like you are a man of integrity which a lot of shops lack.

Engine is running premium blue 15w40, rear diff is severe gear 75w90, t-case is acdelco dex vi, front diff oil was clean when I got it, brake fluid is valvoline dot 3, trans clean but will be switching to amsoil torque drive this summer. I will be converting the fuel filter to a Cat 2 micron with the nicktane adapter plate. And thanks GMboy, I'll do my best to give everyone some insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back