My Prayers Have Been Answered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw an Orthopedic Surgeon today and she said she can fix my ankle/foot! She said she will be performing a fusion of the ankle. Are there any other members that have had this procedure done? Care to share your story and any advice for me?

I have my spine fused in two places. A fusion is kind of a last resort if no other pain management works. It worked for me. Wish you the best.

Always get multiple opinions. Remember, that when you consult with a surgeon, their solutions will always be surgical. As Dear Abby said, "50% of all doctors finished in the bottom half of their class!"

Get multiple opinions for any medical solution even though the first one is telling you what you want to hear. Do your own research on the net. Use your network to get to doctors in that field for recommendations. Then, YOU make an informed decision.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Always get multiple opinions. Remember, that when you consult with a surgeon, their solutions will always be surgical. As Dear Abby said, "50% of all doctors finished in the bottom half of their class!"

Get multiple opinions for any medical solution even though the first one is telling you what you want to hear. Do your own research on the net. Use your network to get to doctors in that field for recommendations. Then, YOU make an informed decision.

Good luck.

IndyDriver, it's been 2.5 years since my tragic accident. I lost my job, insurance, spent my life savings on doctors, and now that my Medicare is about to start in Feb. I have another chance at life!
BTW, it was an ankle fusion or amputation. I have already seen 3 ortho. surgeons prior to my current one. I have been under charity care for 2 years and just switched to privatized hospitalization.
And, I will be able to go back to work!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: Indydriver

Good luck.

IndyDriver, it's been 2.5 years since my tragic accident. I lost my job, insurance, spent my life savings on doctors, and now that my Medicare is about to start in Feb. I have another chance at life!
BTW, it was an ankle fusion or amputation. I have already seen 3 ortho. surgeons prior to my current one. I have been under charity care for 2 years and just switched to privatized hospitalization.
And, I will be able to go back to work!
thumbsup2.gif

Congratulations on the good news and good luck. Merry Christmas.

Excellent news Mon Ami! Very pleased to hear this and am wishing you all the best for a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and Godspeed for the surgery and recovery!

check to see if she is board certified and see how many operations she does.. Is she associated with a top hospital and does your insurance cover it.
check her out!

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
check to see if she is board certified and see how many operations she does.. Is she associated with a top hospital and does your insurance cover it.
check her out!

I did all of the above. Everything is good.
thumbsup2.gif

OP - All the best with the fusion, hope it heals up quick
smile.gif

Groucho - No religion, sex or politics.
Prayer time is better spent doing something constructive.

(I hope a little humor is acceptable.)

If you see her mixing some JB Weld before the surgery, you may want to get another surgeon...
wink.gif

Seriously, good luck with the procedure.
Wishing you a fresh start in the new year.
And Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back