My Poor, Innocent Jetta. Totaled or Not? You Be the Judge.

Needs a Quarter.... Wheel looks toed in.

This is the SEL Premium?

Pictures as mentioned are terrible, could go either way.

I suspect it will be a total. Mostly because of needing panel replacements, likely underbody damage and suspension pieces replacement. Labor is expensive and I see a lot of hours in that. Plus add in that ins companies can total a vehicle when it gets near 80% or more of value, since now they will be added cost for diminished value on a significant accident. So be prepared for that conclusion.

No offense, but I think these "is it totaled" threads are stupid.
I agree but if you have to say no offense.. its going to offend someone ;)

Esp. when thread is created with photos near to worthless.
I did notice the tire holds air missing a chunk of wheel? or is that fake wheel cover.. dang photos. :ROFLMAO:

Lemme guess. A cellphone camera? Hmmm..... Not so great, are they, for taking photos.
Says the man with an ELPH on a shelf - and a long thread to go with it :)

He may have had the camera in stealth "Walmart Shopper" mode ... and forgot to turn the flash back on

Last edited:
I agree but if you have to say no offense.. its going to offend someone ;)

Esp. when thread is created with photos near to worthless.
I did notice the tire holds air missing a chunk of wheel? or is that fake wheel cover.. dang photos. :ROFLMAO:

Fixed it a bit for him in post

Jetta Rear Dec 1 2023 picture 2.jpeg

IMHO you cannot call it totalled until it is put in a frame rack and the insurance company determines if the frame and unibody support structure is tweaked out of normal location(s). Seemingly what totals most cars today is airbag deployments.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
Back