My player piano

Its a Story & Clark, built around 2002. Its sort of a hybrid. It runs off of 120v electricity. While the player pianos of 100 years ago required foot pumping to create a vacuum to run the entire system, this piano uses a vacuum cleaner motor and the paper drive mechanism is electronically governed.

I can't play a note myself, but the paper rolls fill the house with music.

A friend's family from decades back had an old pedal pump vacuum style player. It was really neat! We used to pump the pedals really fast and speed the songs up. You know how kids can be easily entertained at a young age; we thought it was hilarious.

Thanks for sharing; it was fun to go down memory lane.

Thanks for the musical selection.....now, for the rest of the day I'll be hearing Peter Boyle squeaking "Puttin' on the Ritz" from Young Frankenstein.

I just visited the nearest piano store to inquire about disposing of an old Cable Nelson spinet piano.
They have a player grand piano for sale there!

Thanks for the musical selection.....now, for the rest of the day I'll be hearing Peter Boyle squeaking "Puttin' on the Ritz" from Young Frankenstein.

I just visited the nearest piano store to inquire about disposing of an old Cable Nelson spinet piano.
They have a player grand piano for sale there!

Wondering if you've ever dealt with Ford Piano in Peekskill, NY? Really solid family with a rich history in the piano world. I can't play, nor sing, nor dance worth a ....!

I have a player piano built in 1916. Speed is mechanically governed and adjustable, volume used to have an adjustment but it broke so now if you want louder music you pedal harder. It was my great grandmothers. Over the years some of the hoses have been replaced or patched. Some are original.

Back