My package took a long route

Well, I am expecting it to arrive today, but it looks like it's not going to make it. From Indianapolis it a long route went straight to Miami rather than straight to Texas where the package should be delivered. I will understand if it's the holiday season things gets could messy, but it's 4 months away. How could this be possible? . Crazy USPS 🤬

usps.jpg

-states-america-166287220.jpg

Yup, I just dealt with this same issue with Fed Ex, trying to get a package from Wrangler, who sent it from a warehouse in Virginia down here to Texas, it ended up going through Portland, Oregon 😄 I don't understand how that made any sense

One of the last items I ordered came to my post office (correct destination) but then went to New Orleans and then back to my post office. The round trip to New Orleans added 4 days to the travel time. Made no sense at all. I complained to the post office and they just said give it time!!!

I watched a package go from Winchester, VA right past my door to Phily then to Balto and back to Hagerstown and finally to Martinsburg and on to my local PO. If I figure it right it traveled about 350 miles and made 4 transfers to end up 20 miles from were it started.

I wonder if it's as simple as sorters having a poor sense of geography. Package supposed to go to Oregon? That's in the west isn't it? Okay I'll send it to Texas because that's in the west.

You would think with bar codes and all that a package should be routed in some semi-reasonable direction.

But then again, maybe the bar code programmers have a poor sense of geography too.

It got sorted into the wrong bin, which went into an entirely different truck.

I've been saying for years that USPS, UPS, Fedex, etc should eliminate their stop by stop tracking visibility and change it to "Your package was picked up" and then say "Your package is on schedule and expected to be delivered on XX/XX/XXXX" or "We apologize but your package is delayed. We'll update the delivery as soon as possible." These aren't dedicated, door-to-door delivery services.

If I send a package to my Mom, who lives 85 miles north of me, her packages actually go 165 miles north (past her), then back south ~80 miles to her. Does it look silly on a map ? Sure. Does it make 100% sense from the shipper's side of things ? Guarantee you it does.

My neighborhood facebook feed is full of people with "Informed Delivery" who ask if anyone's seen their package. They act so perturbed when the carrier recycles it for the next day's delivery after an arduous 13 hour day. Get a job, people! Even the Post office is hiring!

Weather issues?
You could be right, there are parts in Texas that have been flooded because of the storm recently but that was several days ago. The flood could have subsided but who knows, maybe that's the issue :D

One of the last items I ordered came to my post office (correct destination) but then went to New Orleans and then back to my post office. The round trip to New Orleans added 4 days to the travel time. Made no sense at all. I complained to the post office and they just said give it time!!!
I agree with you....That is why I don't want to call C/S. Apologies, apologies, etc. is all they can say.

Back