My own fault for ever subscribing to SIRIUS

I always cancel! I don't remember ever paying full price.given
Absolutely. It's my once-a-year game every February. I cancel (takes a minute or two) and am subsequently given the same deal every time, which is 60 bucks a year per radio (I have three). For my current subscription I didn't have a great deal of time, so I simply canceled and hung up. Two days later I got the "platinum" package for $50 per year.

Pay 100% upfront for the year and play the silly cancelation game. I'm a huge road-tripper and haven't been without the sat radio since my initial sign-up in 2003.

Absolutely. It's my once-a-year game every February. I cancel (takes a minute or two) and am subsequently given the same deal every time, which is 60 bucks a year per radio (I have three). For my current subscription I didn't have a great deal of time, so I simply canceled and hung up. Two days later I got the "platinum" package for $50 per year.

Pay 100% upfront for the year and play the silly cancelation game. I'm a huge road-tripper and haven't been without the sat radio since my initial sign-up in 2003.

I don't even have to call in to cancel any longer, they put me on some $6.99/mo plan and my credit card covers it under a $20/mo digital services benefit they include.

Try this number 866-635-5027. It's the one I use all the time to cancel or renew. I did cancel one car before, went through fine. Wasn't driving it much so even $5 a month isn't worth it if you only drive it a couple times a month. Just called and had it reactivated, wasn't a big deal. They play the usual games with you but you just tell them that you know you they can do it even if it's not showing up in their system and they do something with it and you're back at $5/month. Had them for years. I always have it on my calendar to cancel when it is up. If I forget for a few days, they charge the full amount for the days you forget, but then prorate it all back when you switch back to $5/month. Works fine even in Canada.

I don't even have to call in to cancel any longer, they put me on some $6.99/mo plan and my credit card covers it under a $20/mo digital services benefit they include.
I think they offered me $5.99/month for life, but I'm too cheap so $5/month it is. Lets me decide if I want to cancel after a year if I'm not driving one car too much.

There was competition - Sirius and XM. Somehow they convinced the FTC that it would be better for consumers that they combined, so the feds let 'em.
They didn’t have a viable business plan, weren’t profitable and miscalculated the invention of cell phones
which got them merged together under the behest of investors

You can subscribe to their “best deal” but demand they invoice you…they send a bill you pay by check. No credit card to charge at the end of your subscription

I canceled in both my cars. One of the many reasons is they no longer will allow me to pay by billing me with me paying by Money Order. They want my Credit Card so they can automatically bill me. At one time they would want my check, but again, a check has a Routing bumper and Account number. They could again, auto bill me.

Bummer to hear this. I used to love Sirius XM when I worked for a vw dealership. If I had to take a car for a dealership trade I'd find the hard rock channel and go. I've discovered alot of bands that don't seem to get airplay since i heart media took over just about every major radio station.

i dumped sirius years ago when it dumped all but one classical music stations. at least then i dealt with a pleasantly sympathetic telephone representative from nova scotia.

I had them for several years and the price kept creeping up. Attempted to call and cancel as my credit card was about to expire and I couldn't justify it anymore(it was on autopay). The foreigner I spoke to said that everything was taken care of. Fast forward a few months I get a bill with late fees and charges for 3 months. I told them that the service had been canceled and that I was not paying their fees to which they threatened to send it to collections. I hung up and never heard from them again except for the "we want you back" letters in the mail every 2 weeks.

When our trial ran out on the 4Runner, they were desperately trying to get us to subscribe. Towards the end it was like 2 letters a week. Lol.

Interesting it went up to $23 on you. I think the $5.99 plan is what they were trying to sell us.

Quick update, AMEX credited me $18.45 for the rate increase, after I submitted a dispute. I still have not been able to "cancel" with SIRIUS.

Glad to read others have been successful playing the SIRIUS billing game. I guess my time/ priorities don't support playing the SIRIUS billing game. I didn't think that would be part of the business transaction with ethical companies.

Well documented for many years that SIRIUS is a very dirty dog.... my fault to have ever provided them my credit card. I don't have the time to make playing the dirt dog game an actionable item to reduce the likeliness they grossly abuse my goodwill and credit card.

The fact that you deleted your CC # from their site and that they reinstated it is criminal.

I am lucky I guess. I had the free trial in the Mazda five years ago and the only nuisance were the letters and promos reminding me to subscribe. Eventually they went away.

The fact that you deleted your CC # from their site and that they reinstated it is criminal.

I am lucky I guess. I had the free trial in the Mazda five years ago and the only nuisance were the letters and promos reminding me to subscribe. Eventually they went away.
When AOL charged for its service, they would continue to successfully charge a credit card after the card expired. SIRIUS is doing the same thing, my AMEX card was replaced with a new card number and code, yet SIRIUS is still billing the old, invalid card.

I wonder if firms like SIRIUS that are able to successfully process a payment on an expired card pay a higher commission to the credit card companies to allow that practice....

I had a time with them years ago, I actually liked XM but after the merge not so much. I had received an updated card as the old one had expired but they still charged it anyways and it went through, I had a hard time getting them to cancel and reimburse me those charges. Some credit card companies will let you do a charge back but I believe they'd rather you work it out with the company first.

I think that I talked to like 3 different people trying to cancel and it was so noisy in the background you couldn't hardly hear or be able to understand them. They keep trying to retain you which is their goal, totally shady company and haven't been back since.

Forgot to mention its sound quality is sorta 90's level 128bit rate mp3 with joint stereo
in other words hd radio and any streaming sounds better.
Most of my music is 128kbps MP3, I think yours may not be encoded well? I don't stream anything unless it is through iHeartRadio. Might be the only free one left, I don't know.

Stream over Internet via Bluetooth to phone, as far as I know even CDs are like That's So 90s at this point.

XM merged with Sirius as I recall and I'll simply never have it.. or any subscription, really. When I purchases something, it is mine, and I'm not going to continue to pay to use it beyond gas, which it needs to run.

I'm just so 2019 it's crazy...

Back