My own fault for ever subscribing to SIRIUS

OK-Gons problem is caused by using an IP out of the country- and probably an ultra secure computer server (if he does what I think he does).But it's easy to come on here to gripe it's their (XM's) fault. Personally-I try to take care of any issues like this before I leave the country-which I do on a regular basis.

Gon's quote-
I sold a Mercedes that had a SIRIUS subscription two months ago.

Having personal business like this "hanging" and trying to take care of it out of the country is silly. And he has had two months to do it.

Last edited:
Try Online chat.
I currently have a free 4 month trail that I took because it's free. No payment information was required.
In the past I have had them on and off since around 2002. Never had an issue cancelling though even with payment info. In today's world I find the sound quality inferior, in the early 2000's XM and Sirius were a cool thing to have.
Im choosey about sound and the algorithm that they use to compress the music leaves too much to be desired unless it's free.
Otherwise it's just as easy to use my Apple Music with iPhone in my car. The Sirius is cool sometimes besides the sound quality to mindlessly listen to music and change channels should I want something else.
@alarmguy , I tried to sign onto my account the day after I sold the MB. login worked, password worked. Then came a new requirement not needed before- the radio ID. Now why in the world would they require that? Sirius could also have done a two-step verification, but I speculate they know exactly what they are doing, put in barriers to cancel. I tried calling the next day (Saturday), only to relearn that Sirus doesn't allow cancellations on the weekend.

My next step was to dispute with American Express. That worked for January, but again the billing came around in February. I have now banned any charges from Sirius to my AMEX card. The issue now is that I will likely get sent to collections. Can't make this up. Make the account a bear to cancel, and then when I dispute the charge on AMEX, I am sent to collections from SIRIUS.

I discovered today I have a monthly wifi subscription with Alaska Air. I have a monthly subscription with American, and Delta, but didn't recall I had one with Alaska. A shame, because I have been buying single flight wifi passes on Alaska, not recalling I had a monthly subscription. I didn't have an account number or anything to easily cancel the Alaska Air wifi subscription. I simply googled how to cancel Alaska wifi, and a email address came up. I sent a note saying who I was, that I had a monthly wifi subscription, and I want to cancel. ten minutes later I received this:
""Thank you for contacting Customer Care.

Your request to cancel your Alaska Airlines Plan has been processed. Your pass will remain active until the end of this billing cycle, which is 03/06/2024. Your confirmation number is: 102597432. We're sorry to see you go and look forward to seeing you back soon.

If you have any further questions, we can be reached at 877-350-0038, 24/7. You can also contact us via Live Chat by clicking https://care.inflightinternet.comwhile you're in the air or on the ground.

Thanks,
Your Friends at Customer Care""

The above is how a decent vendor operates. Sirius is a dirty vendor.....

The difference being that Alaska Airlines does business outside the U.S. and is setup for such. Sirius XM doesn't.

So yea.......

@alarmguy , I tried to sign onto my account the day after I sold the MB. login worked, password worked. Then came a new requirement not needed before- the radio ID. Now why in the world would they require that? Sirius could also have done a two-step verification, but I speculate they know exactly what they are doing, put in barriers to cancel. I tried calling the next day (Saturday), only to relearn that Sirus doesn't allow cancellations on the weekend.

My next step was to dispute with American Express. That worked for January, but again the billing came around in February. I have now banned any charges from Sirius to my AMEX card. The issue now is that I will likely get sent to collections. Can't make this up. Make the account a bear to cancel, and then when I dispute the charge on AMEX, I am sent to collections from SIRIUS.

I discovered today I have a monthly wifi subscription with Alaska Air. I have a monthly subscription with American, and Delta, but didn't recall I had one with Alaska. A shame, because I have been buying single flight wifi passes on Alaska, not recalling I had a monthly subscription. I didn't have an account number or anything to easily cancel the Alaska Air wifi subscription. I simply googled how to cancel Alaska wifi, and a email address came up. I sent a note saying who I was, that I had a monthly wifi subscription, and I want to cancel. ten minutes later I received this:
""Thank you for contacting Customer Care.

Your request to cancel your Alaska Airlines Plan has been processed. Your pass will remain active until the end of this billing cycle, which is 03/06/2024. Your confirmation number is: 102597432. We're sorry to see you go and look forward to seeing you back soon.

If you have any further questions, we can be reached at 877-350-0038, 24/7. You can also contact us via Live Chat by clicking https://care.inflightinternet.comwhile you're in the air or on the ground.

Thanks,
Your Friends at Customer Care""

The above is how a decent vendor operates. Sirius is a dirty vendor.....
Its looks like you have plenty of company. You know, it's like a throwback to the dark ages and worse.

More from CNN,

Here is more,

Clearly, (and I have to admit it, the NYS attorney general seems to be right if all this stuff is needed to cancel something, I personally haven't experienced it but something tells me in the future it will be more easy maybe. Without question this is a desperate company trying to survive at any cost with snake oil salespeople.

Here is another thing to look at.

Here it says account number OR radio Id
Dont know if you saw this in the above link.
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 8.59.43 AM.jpg

Clearly there are many road blocks where there isnt a simple cancel button. For example lIke Amazon Prime, one button on your online account, takes less than 60 seconds.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: GON
I’ve said this before on this site. The easiest way to cancel Sirius with no argument or pass along up the sales chain is do what I did. I called Sirius up, pretending to be my out of state brother who was closing out all the accounts for his dead brother (li’l ol’ live me!). They don’t even try and sell to a dead guy so they just cancelled my subscription.

And as I also mentioned, I’m taking a long drive to Florida and then the civil way battlefield tour this summer so I’ll be resurrecting myself and renewing my service.

I’ve said this before on this site. The easiest way to cancel Sirius with no argument or pass along up the sales chain is do what I did. I called Sirius up, pretending to be my out of state brother who was closing out all the accounts for his dead brother (li’l ol’ live me!). They don’t even try and sell to a dead guy so they just cancelled my subscription.

And as I also mentioned, I’m taking a long drive to Florida and then the civil way battlefield tour this summer so I’ll be resurrecting myself and renewing my service.

Surprised that works, companies generally won't allow someone to modify anyone else's account (even if family) unless they are listed on the account. In the case of a death, they'll ask for a copy of the death certificate.

Reactions: GON
Surprised that works, companies generally won't allow someone to modify anyone else's account (even if family) unless they are listed on the account. In the case of a death, they'll ask for a copy of the death certificate.
There is really no need to lie and create a story. I really don't understand how adulting can be so hard......

Back