My new Cub Cadet XT2 LX46

ls1mike said:
First mow is complete. I LOVE the foot pedals. Didn't think I would/quote] What'd I tell ya?

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by gman2304
ls1mike said:
First mow is complete. I LOVE the foot pedals. Didn't think I would/quote] What'd I tell ya?

thumbsup2.gif

I was dreading them, but you were right! If you lived closer I would buy you a beverage of your choice.

They are so awesome!

Congats!! Sweet machine! And what oil and filter will you run?
I just ordered mine. XT1, fabricated deck, 24 horse Kohler. Added a bumper. I stressed over getting the EFI, but I wanted a Kohler over the Zongshen Cub engine.

Nice Cub. A friend of mine bought the X1 last year and loves it. As for the "fake Deere" sold at big box stores, they are still built in the USA by John Deere, not MTD, AYP, or any other outside company. For a riding mower, these Cubs are just fine. Now if you had heavy work to do or a lot of hillside, I would have suggested an actual garden tractor.

L8R,
Matt

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
Fake deere with hose branded MTD do exist. Maybe deere got a deal on hose.

Rod

What?

Deere makes their own mowers. MTD does not make any Deere mower.

Originally Posted by jhellwig

Rod

What?

This 100%.

Country song … painted that on the water tower in John Deere green
(rhymes with Charlene)

Originally Posted by jeepman3071

Rod

What?

This 100%.

This 100% again! A huge misconception that MTD made or makes low end John Deere riders. Even the short lived Sabre mowers were 100% built by John Deere.

L8R,
Matt

Originally Posted by tomcat27
Congats!! Sweet machine! And what oil and filter will you run?
I just ordered mine. XT1, fabricated deck, 24 horse Kohler. Added a bumper. I stressed over getting the EFI, but I wanted a Kohler over the Zongshen Cub engine.

I just ordered all Cub Cadet stuff for the 5 hour ail change. I am 4 hours. The Cadet stuff is semi synthetic 10W-30

Originally Posted by AnthemBassMan
Originally Posted by jeepman3071

Rod

What?

This 100%.

This 100% again! A huge misconception that MTD made or makes low end John Deere riders. Even the short lived Sabre mowers were 100% built by John Deere.

L8R,
Matt

I had a Sabre...it was horrible.

[Linked Image]

Having said that, I don't think any of the current John Deere/Cub Cadet insert another brand here riding mowers that are sold at box stores are put together as well as my two old Craftsman.
They are all metal, everything now has a lot of plastic.

Originally Posted by ls1mike

I had a Sabre...it was horrible.

Having said that, I don't think any of the current John Deere/Cub Cadet insert another brand here riding mowers that are sold at box stores are put together as well as my two old Craftsman.
They are all metal, everything now has a lot of plastic.

Deere also made those orange Scott's mowers sold at Home Depot (re-badged Sabre's).

Yes, nothing sold in the big box stores is as good as stuff made 20+ years ago. Even a lot of the dealer machines (Husqvarna, Toro, etc) have lots of plastic. My Deere G110 was purchased at Home Depot in 2005, but it didn't sell well because it was about twice the price of the other box store Deeres. It has a 25hp V-Twin Kohler, K66 hydro trans, and a 54" deck. Basically a garden tractor. They only made them for 2 years since they were a low volume seller, but I figured at the time for what you get it was a decent machine since it was heavier duty than even the cheapest X-series dealer "lawn tractor" with a 42" deck.

Back