My new AT&T HTC Inspire 4G Network Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new Inspire 4G with AT&T started with a Motorola Atrix but it had rebooting and crashing issues apparently that's common anyways I ran a speed test with my phone under their HSDPA network and got roughly 4mbps download and 1.2mbps upload that's nowhere near their advertised 14mbps+ but pretty respectable. Anybody else with AT&T know their speeds? I've heard Verizon's LTE is no joke.

Last edited:
14mbps is theoretical maximum. But theory often different than reality
smile.gif
Maybe if you stand under the cell tower...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tim4mods
I just got a new Inspire 4G with AT&T started with a Motorola Atrix but it had rebooting and crashing issues apparently that's common anyways I ran a speed test with my phone under their HSDPA network and got roughly 4mbps download and 1.2mbps upload that's nowhere near their advertised 14mbps+ but pretty respectable. Anybody else with AT&T know their speeds? I've heard Verizon's LTE is no joke.

Pretty respectable? Heck those are great speeds. By the way, that is one very long sentence!

Please don't use run-on sentences, OP. Very hard to read.

HSDPA will never hit 14Mbps; I believe most carriers throttle it and some phone radios don't even have that mode enabled on purpose. HSPA can hit 14Mbps that pretty easily (more efficient).

AT&T's HSPA+ is very crowded and that's the biggest complain (other than drop call) on ATT. This won't get resolved unless they 1) buy T-Mo and take over their spectrums and towers, 2) build a lot more new towers, unlikely in big cities, 3) migrate everyone to LTE but they haven't build enough compare to Verizon.

Hey I use to sale phones even back when sidekicks were the crave. I never said I fell for their advertising I was just stating my experence comparied to claims. I have had experence with most of the major carriers networks minus Verizon's LTE. I've had hands on experence with the newest Smartphones not just playing with them in stores sort of small at home business.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Please don't use run-on sentences, OP. Very hard to read.

HSDPA will never hit 14Mbps; I believe most carriers throttle it and some phone radios don't even have that mode enabled on purpose. HSPA can hit 14Mbps that pretty easily (more efficient).
Yeah sorry about that guess I got carried away.

my 4g is faster than my old "g" router (esp when netflix hd is streaming)
90463042.png

oh and it picked detroit and I'm in cleveland...

Last edited:
ok here it is with better signal.. for some reason had 1 bar last night at my house...

This is in north canton with 2-3 bars (inside concrete and steel industrial building)

90608259.png

woops my edit expired.

I meant to add thats on a droid bionic on verizon LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back