My Latest Purchase: 95 Chevrolet K1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda jealous here, I wish we still had trucks that clean around here. There would be no rockers, rear wheelwells, and fenders around left on that thing around here. Even if the motor goes you can slap another one in there and keep going because the body looks so good.

Originally Posted by dogememe
Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
I'm amazed that truck hasn't hit the crusher in Cali. Think about injectors. They get pretty sorry (but still work) in the long haul. New set will save you fuel and fuel dilution.

Actually been thinking about that. I have receipts that show a full tune up with quality parts (seems everything was Delco except for an Accel coil) but no mention of fuel injectors. I don't want remanufactured junk but on Rockauto the Standard and ACDelco have the exact same picture. I can get BWD (Standard) through work.

I thought 1995 was when GM phased out the CPI system for the CSPI system?

An ex-friend drives around in a beat-up 1998 Tahoe and I've pleaded with him to replace the CSPI spider with the newer MPI one. Fell on deaf ears.

Originally Posted by nthach
Originally Posted by dogememe
Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
I'm amazed that truck hasn't hit the crusher in Cali. Think about injectors. They get pretty sorry (but still work) in the long haul. New set will save you fuel and fuel dilution.

Actually been thinking about that. I have receipts that show a full tune up with quality parts (seems everything was Delco except for an Accel coil) but no mention of fuel injectors. I don't want remanufactured junk but on Rockauto the Standard and ACDelco have the exact same picture. I can get BWD (Standard) through work.

I thought 1995 was when GM phased out the CPI system for the CSPI system?

An ex-friend drives around in a beat-up 1998 Tahoe and I've pleaded with him to replace the CSPI spider with the newer MPI one. Fell on deaf ears.

I've owned several 96+ Vortec 5.7 trucks with the unreliable spider injection and installed several of the upgraded units. It's not a fun job. 95 is the last year of TBI... basically in place of where the carburetor used to be are two fuel injectors. They don't have quite the power or throttle responsive of Vortec trucks BUT much more reliable (this is my 3rd TBI truck and I've never had a single issue with any of them despite always being older/high mileage)... and fuel economy is similar.

Now all that I said applies to full-size trucks. I think in the smaller ones like the S-10 there are blurred lines between the TBI and Vortecs in 93,94,95, but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:
So that meant the older 4.3L Vortec V6s got the CPI system, while the V8s had TBI - and then both of them in 96 migrated to the CSPI system.

I replaced the IMGs on said Tahoe - it wasn't a fun task, but it wasn't majorly so.

So that meant the older 4.3L Vortec V6s got the CPI system, while the V8s had TBI - and then both of them in 96 migrated to the CSPI system.

I replaced the IMGs on said Tahoe - it wasn't a fun task, but it wasn't majorly so.

I do not enjoy changing intake gaskets or doing the fuel injector spider. The job itself isn't bad it's just tedious. So much stuff to get out of the way, unscrewing the fuel lines behind the engine, ugh.

Anyway lol I did my oil change today! It runs fine with the Delo, I think I'll stick with that unless it starts leaking or burning oil then I'll try Maxlife. I usually use Wix but I forgot my filter at home so I bought the PF52 (not e-core) for $3 instead of wasting more than that in fuel to go back home...

Last edited:
Just an update, the old girl runs great! Drove 100mi or so picking up a friend from SFO and then going to Concord with no trouble. Just a few things to sort out and I have a reliable truck!

First year of the new and vastly improved interior and the last year of the "fuel injected carb" TBI. I had a 95 xcab 4x4.

I think 1995 is the best year truck ever made by GM.

The CPI 4.3L was an HO option over the TBI 4.3L in S/T-10 Pick-up/Blazer & Astro/Safari vans before the '96 CSPI-OBD2 changeover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back