My first car's last remaining trim piece.

Lost my first car in my first accident. Got broadsided by a Caprice. I was fine. Sturdy little car.

Here is the last remaining trim piece from my car.

Do you save trim pieces from yours?

IMG_20201226_095750354.jpg
IMG_20201226_095756312.jpg
IMG_20201226_095805242.jpg
IMG_20201226_100021498.jpg

I do save mine. We have only gotten rid of 2 cars in my lifetime lol. I saved all the ones from school cars that we sent to the scrapyard. But I would save them if I ever lost a vehicle too.

I do save mine. We have only gotten rid of 2 cars in my lifetime lol. I saved all the ones from school cars that we sent to the scrapyard. But I would save them if I ever lost a vehicle too.
Especially the way that one went out.

This is the last remaining trim piece. The Volkswagen, Deluxe, and Castle (off the side. Mine had the Wolfsburg castle in it)... Got lost along the way.

Along with every photo of that car.

And the wheels I put on it.

I did buy the wheels back..now I need to get a car for my wheels :D

Especially the way that one went out.

This is the last remaining trim piece. The Volkswagen, Deluxe, and Castle (off the side. Mine had the Wolfsburg castle in it)... Got lost along the way.

Along with every photo of that car.

And the wheels I put on it.

I did buy the wheels back..now I need to get a car for my wheels :D
Lol. I honestly don’t think I could even let one go if it was totaled even. To me cars are like family lol.

Lol. I honestly don’t think I could even let one go if it was totaled even. To me cars are like family lol.
I held on to them for a good, long time.

But I've lost EVERYTHING at least twice.

And crackhead in Florida still have 1. My Rolex and 2. My Passport and Checks. Two different crackheads.

Both in Florida...

If I had to have a Subaru it would only be one of those really old trucks they used to make. Not the Baja but the one before it. You could not pay me to own a Subaru these days.
Like MrSubaru's Sambar?

Did they bring them to the U.S.?

Oh, and the Baja is the generation I have, just with an H-6 and El Camino. MIGHT like it but like.. I have heard the Subaru I have (with the 4 and not the H6) is the best one they ever made.

I kind of want my 1990 Subaru GL10 wagon back.

Like MrSubaru's Sambar?

Oh, and the Baja is the generation I have, just with an H-6 and El Camino. MIGHT like it but like.. I have heard the Subaru I have (with the 4 and not the H6) is the best one they ever made.

It was the Brat truck that I was referring too had to look it up couldn’t remember the name lol, we had one at school that’s the only Subaru I would own. We had a customer buy a 2010 Subaru Forester and the rod come through the engine on the way home they had just left the used car dealership with it and it had no warranty so they had to put a whole new engine in they weren’t happy. And based on the problems my neighbor had with his Subaru I’d never own one lol. Just the Brat truck. You’re right I don’t think those ones were ever brought to the USA.

It was the Brat truck that I was referring too had to look it up couldn’t remember the name lol, we had one at school that’s the only Subaru I would own. We had a customer buy a 2010 Subaru Forester and the rod come through the engine on the way home they had just left the used car dealership with it and it had no warranty so they had to put a whole new engine in they weren’t happy. And based on the problems my neighbor had with his Subaru I’d never own one lol. Just the Brat truck. You’re right I don’t think those ones were ever brought to the USA.
I think I confused the Brat with the Volkswagen Golf truck.

Tell you what.. I will get a GL10 and sell my JDM POS 🔥💩edition, and you get the Brat. Then we become The Subaru Brothers.. I get to be Luigi you can be Mario. Deal?

:)

Please remember, the only REAL Subarus say Fuji Heavy Industries and are better than Toyotas. :)

no trim, but i do have keys from a couple of them...

My First Car, I inherited when grandpa died. 1987 Olds '98
about a year into my tenure with the car, it got stolen.
when recovered one of the things that had to be replaced was the Column. (they had broken it out to start it with a screwdriver.)
from that time on, it had a different ignition key. the body shop kindly let me have the old one back.

I also have one of the 2 keys that came with my 2000 Hyundai Sonata. My First car with payments, and so far a)the car I've owned the Longest (8.5yrs, ~100k mi), and b) Closest I've come to a new car. (bought it Aug 2001, with 16k mi)
the key i still have is the factory key i used the first few months, that some how got around an 85 deg bend in it. I got it mostly straitened out, but never used it with the car again. Had a Copy made of the other factory key (NO CHIPS!) and used either the other factory key or the copy for the remainder of the time I owned it.

actually I still have spares to all 4 of my prior cars... Until my current car, I would always have a spare run off, and kept it in my wallet, so that i couldn't get locked out.
this one keyless entry/start, and the emergency key inside the fob is one of the fancy euro sidecut types that i can't find anyone to make one locally (without paying the dealership prices.)

no trim, but i do have keys from a couple of them...

My First Car, I inherited when grandpa died. 1987 Olds '98
about a year into my tenure with the car, it got stolen.
when recovered one of the things that had to be replaced was the Column. (they had broken it out to start it with a screwdriver.)
from that time on, it had a different ignition key. the body shop kindly let me have the old one back.

I also have one of the 2 keys that came with my 2000 Hyundai Sonata. My First car with payments, and so far a)the car I've owned the Longest (8.5yrs, ~100k mi), and b) Closest I've come to a new car. (bought it Aug 2001, with 16k mi)
the key i still have is the factory key i used the first few months, that some how got around an 85 deg bend in it. I got it mostly straitened out, but never used it with the car again. Had a Copy made of the other factory key (NO CHIPS!) and used either the other factory key or the copy for the remainder of the time I owned it.

actually I still have spares to all 4 of my prior cars... Until my current car, I would always have a spare run off, and kept it in my wallet, so that i couldn't get locked out.
this one keyless entry/start, and the emergency key inside the fob is one of the fancy euro sidecut types that i can't find anyone to make one locally (without paying the dealership prices.)

This. I have keys for my '74 Cutlass Supreme, my '87 Mustang GT, my '88 F-250, and my '89 Town Car. Nothing newer than that, since they had the keys with chips in them.

I have lots of keys from previous cars too we keep them from each car also the license plates from all of them too for my collection.

Like MrSubaru's Sambar?

They never imported them into the USA. You can however import one if it is 25 years or older. I brought one in from Japan and have a few more back in Japan. The Subaru (Kei cars) Sambar are very cheap and reliable and easy to work on. Likely Subaru's best engine made (Clover 4). They go for anywhere from $500-$2000 off a used lot in Japan.

the one I have here in USA is a 1990 Subaru Sambar Try XS AWD Supercharged (5spd MT). It has 53,XXX original kilometers on it.

Back