Clever Interior Trim Mount Clip

In 21 years of ownership, this is the first time I've had to remove major portions of the Porsches' interior trim, and its only because I dropped something in the exact right (wrong!) spot and had to retrieve it.

I came across these mounts for the interior panels and thought they are really clever, they push into a mounting hole and give you 13 possible screw locations in a small area. Perfect for different trim thicknesses as well as for replacement panels. Having had to align old interior panels on many old cars, I thought this was an innovative solution on Porsche's part.

PTb.jpg

Last edited:
I've heard it said that Porsche is really an Engineering/Consulting company that occasionally builds Cars...

similar to Disney being a Law Firm, that occasionally makes Movies.

Probably cheaper to make a multi-fit clip than invest in the tooling to make the part fit right in the first place, eh?

German engineering at it's finest!

Probably cheaper to make a multi-fit clip than invest in the tooling to make the part fit right in the first place, eh?

German engineering at it's finest!
Or allow the same clip to be used for the thin paneled full leather interior panel, the thick carpeted one, the slightly different one for the rear seat delete, then use that same clip over three body styles. Yes, efficient German engineering (y)

Back