My experience with Auto-RX (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: snowmaker
I have run 0w-20 in texas for years with issues.

what issues? did it use more oil or something?

Here I am resurrecting this over year old thread with an update on the situation. After a few oil changes AFTER the AutoRX, little to no change has been noticed. I even went ahead and took of the pass side VC (biggest pain in the [censored] with these 4.3l's) and it was actually worse the the drivers side. Is it time for a shop-vac and a jackhammer or what?

No surprise that ARX failed to satisfy, did you get your money back?

How hard is it to remove the oil pan on this car?
How deep into this do you really want to get?

Removing the oil pan would require me to drop the front diff out. Sounds like a bigger job than it actually is though. I dont want to get balls deep in this thing, just far enough that would make it run a little smoother. Oil pressure according to the gauge is on the low side unless im WOT. I have a oil pressure tester from Harbor Freight that i should put to use. I can only imagine what the pickup screen looks like....

Quote:
I can only imagine what the pickup screen looks like....

That's my fear as well. You could try Kreen, it may help.
Pulling the pan sounds like a big job but you maybe able to get the oil passages cleaned up at least.

Well i have been doing some lurking the past few days on here and it seems as though the AutoRX bandwagon has migrated somewhere else and people are still talking about kreen. Seems as though if Kreen has lasted in these forums with such good praise, I just may give it a go and see what happens. I should complete the kreen "job" and then if I'm feeling ambitious down the road, I'll drop the pan and give her a look-see. Give me an excuse to change the pump and screen AND i could go ahead and rebuild the diff since it has decided to take a [censored] as far as 4x4 goes.

Originally Posted By: Covert24
Well i have been doing some lurking the past few days on here and it seems as though the AutoRX bandwagon has migrated somewhere else and people are still talking about kreen. Seems as though if Kreen has lasted in these forums with such good praise, I just may give it a go and see what happens. I should complete the kreen "job" and then if I'm feeling ambitious down the road, I'll drop the pan and give her a look-see. Give me an excuse to change the pump and screen AND i could go ahead and rebuild the diff since it has decided to take a [censored] as far as 4x4 goes.

Kreen is the real deal, give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back