my craigslist response, what do u think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Chris142
If you give him your bank account number he can deposit the cash directlt into your account!

More likely remove all $$$ from your account!

DROP this scammer. Don't give any info! Ignore all emails from this gmailer. He'll get bored with you.

Originally Posted By: 1 FMF
I understand it's a scam.
my question is if anyone knows, what would most likely happen if i responded with my name and address. what do they do then?

Come and rob you, steal the item(s) you have for sale, identity theft, etc. Delete the email and move on.

Originally Posted By: 1 FMF
I understand it's a scam.
my question is if anyone knows, what would most likely happen if i responded with my name and address. what do they do then?

Most people's name, address, and phone number are public information (eg phone book) and he can't do much with just this information. Chances are he would seek more info from you later after he has your confidence, such as your bank account number so he can "transfer funds". Just ignore him.

Tom NJ

JimpghPA has some good points.

My take: yeah, call your credit protection agency and set a flag on your accounts....

Ultimately, it also depends on how desperate the scammers are: if the scammer is shopping for easy targets/victims, he/she may have just skipped you due to incomplete response (don't wanna was too much effort in luring you into the game) and decided to move on; the more desperate ones may come by with a pickup trunk in the nite and haul your dad's boat away w/o you knowing (seen something similar to that happened before locally).

Those that are seriously damaging are the ones that would begin the game of identify theft, etc. from here onwards.

Let's just hope/pray that the scammer on the other side of the computer falls on the former side of the group (primarily looking for easy targets) and nothing more.

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back