My cooling fan problem came back after a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed the coolant temperature sensor on my car after I had the Water Pump, and Coolant flushed and it solved the problem of the fan coming on when it was suppose to and then the vehicle would cool down to where it should have shut off but wouldn't until I shut the car off, It has come back after a month of not doing it, why did it start doing this again?

It difinitely is not overheating, it stay's right at 195 like it suppose to while driving and will come on after idling for 15 minutes or so, shut off, then comes back on after it heats back up again and stay on the second or 3rd time it does it until I shut the car off.

I don't have the particulars on a Cavalier, but on most cars the electric fans come on (at various speeds) for coolant temp, trans fluid temp, and AC high side pressure, too.

The ECM makes the decisions based on the sensors in the loop. Anything fails and they usually default to full speed all the time.

I have removed the A/C relay,and Fuse so I don't think the a/c should be causing it but I know replacing the Coolant Temp Sensor did the first time. If it was the cooling fan relay wouldn't it not work at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back