My cat had surgery...

From one cat lover to another....there is no amount of money i wont spend on my guys...since i never had kids my cats are m kids and i love them to death....my Maine Coons (3) are almost 12 .....if something happened to them it would be the death of me too. Years ago I lived in a retirement community.....i was in my early 40's and used my mother to get in being over 55....his 17 or 18 year old cat died a few weeks later we see the police and fire dept in front of his house.....his neighboor found a note that he did not want to live without his cat and took about 60+ hydrocodones went to sleep and died and had been dead for 4-5 days...my wife was alive back then ....it hit her hard. She would see him everyday walking with a walker and his cat riding on the seat.....we were told his wife died 4-5 years ago .....all he had was his cat. she cried for days over that.
When someone is heartbroken over the loss of a pet I take them right away and get another. Back in the saddle, as they say.
I was torn over putting an older car through major surgery; I didn't know if he could take it. I was wrong; he's doing very well.

When I get an animal, I know the day will come when they will need to be put down. I have to be responsible; I owe it to the animal.

Mr Bingly (Pride and Prejudice) had torn ligaments that required major kitty surgery. He got a steel rod and 9 screws.
3 month recovery. He won't take his medicine.
There is a great emergency and surgical animal center near here. I did not wanna put an older cat through this, but had no choice.
He's doing well. But the nerve blocker medicine will wear off tomorrow...
View attachment 93904
View attachment 93903
So sorry. If he won't take his medicine, see if the Vet can just inject the med. Hope he feels better.

Mr Bingley is doing very well. Today is 8 weeks since surgery; his x-rays shows everything looks good. He has had no pain in a couple of weeks.
They took his cast splint off today ahead of schedule. You can see his shaved arm and shoulder; his arm is thin from being casted. He's pretty worn out.
The steel rod runs the length of his arm. 9 screws. He kinda let the Doctor and me clean his foot. Walking and sorta jumping pretty normal. All good.
Bings is purring like crazy; he appreciates all the kind words.

Mr Bingley is doing very well. Today is 8 weeks since surgery; his x-rays shows everything looks good. He has had no pain in a couple of weeks.
They took his cast splint off today ahead of schedule. You can see his shaved arm and shoulder; his arm is thin from being casted. He's pretty worn out.
The steel rod runs the length of his arm. 9 screws. He kinda let the Doctor and me clean his foot. Walking and sorta jumping pretty normal. All good.

Awesome to hear.

Great news.

cLTzAxCzHdObNoJ_N0VSSjPbb-CVu60lZbqXq3l9GG59ol5TAP4XX1LHvgYV0sDdO0_7ZMqXRuGhySrT3NlAOk94Xg8bmmtRrKlfcseew3LaixtIn_2i_rkhBcvyGpRpPT_fMknyZPmr1e6By0-_5T6-sRFU6c-GWYTHL9il8MBNAja6Wkb4dUUyaD1tWsRV3l1a-FP8KPyxVLp8lLjk3xJki_N6aPKtZXFJJvp5VFV2i-ZPNaSvToMcj0DZj9eyTEm5qdy7gjk4ejeUeZl62J_cyCzjLT1sAgshpk5WdR_jNvVuihEGgBmK7R4rOYnkrwRlnGiU9UJgPmZP0C7DH3BVhembfCPYpTcNbakXtKvQmN3SYmC4ptCBinxixc45xKYbrhxqf_DCO8VjrYBfmFlyUGtdL5qBsZ95vMHyl8kijcF3dWWQbQdStzULILITpWscUv_V8LcBe_N_wSVQOUC_SWXWMw7V3VY2_SKZxNhPKR8FYjLxk20lbkVY6teuCCgHYGWBtl7PmOBEzHhc_0k5sd4nz49Ht5FKr7c_0Rl-d_kz33FcGkK61W62nFCe6m9y9exzFAiqTpYlA5kZwP1tss7xFXPNvO18eutbylbpA_0CTTB3hgQZNX00uK944M--5gGzQot9sK-68VsoeM92YzsUlHgYxcJNCUBwW1u3NQCwiBqMLdairjgu-_OnhpJ-mtMFJCvdJJjkcbhs_1axrfTUCVInsauUrosQmXTxutAEaqfFNvarZSZ5jA=w663-h883-no

Back