My $250 Saturn climbed Mt Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
thumbsup2.gif
Well done, looks like fun!

Thanks for the pics.

Last edited:
Looking down on the clouds is pretty neat. The steepness of the road is like what you see in the islands in the Caribbean, only hotter and probably poorer maintenance on the cars....

Nice pictures!

And it isnt a $250 Saturn with all you put into it :p

That is really cool.
smile.gif

The closest I have been was back in 2001 I went to Mt. Snow to get some skiing in. Not a bad drive from down here in NC.

That's awesome. I have never done it and spent my Summer's nearby growing up.

On $250 I think I spent that on my ski pack I use to hike up/carry boots and skis when ski down that mountain.

Take a road trip out to Colorado and drive up some real mountains in the Saturn!
grin2.gif

Great pics and story. There is a long lost pleasure of driving a beater car; you become attached to them in a kind of gearhead intimate way when you know all the quirks and gremlins and can fix or live with them. I love it!

Originally Posted By: eljefino
The literature reads a 12% grade.

Wow, I thought it was steeper than that! 3 mile hill over Tuscarora Mountain (Route 30, Fulton County. Nicknamed McConnellsburg mountain, for the town I live in) is 14% and is a main truck route for truckers avoiding the toll on PA76. There's been several times I've been behind a semi and start smelling something. Sure enough you start seeing smoke and they're burning up the brakes. Coming up the mountain you'll see a semi on the side of the road and it's just a smoke show. Out of towners, lol.

Reading this post makes me miss my old 96 SL2. It was a sweet car til something in the transmission went kablooey, something in the valvebody. I don't miss my old 93 SL1 however

Great pictures! Last year, we did the Cog Railway; very very expensive but worth every penny. Brought back the memories.

By the way, when did BITOG start storing pictures on the forum? All of your pictures are stored on the BITOG server which I thought was never possible before.

Or do you have special relationship with the mods here? :)

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Great pictures! Last year, we did the Cog Railway; very very expensive but worth every penny. Brought back the memories.

By the way, when did BITOG start storing pictures on the forum? All of your pictures are stored on the BITOG server which I thought was never possible before.

Or do you have special relationship with the mods here? :)
It's the 5th icon in the reply box, we can now upload pictures as of a few weeks or a month ago. There was a couple posts about it.

Doesn't accept iPhone pictures though.

I went up the Col Du Tourmalet last summer with my car. Only 10% but even with a full boot and 5 people it was easy and would've been fun if one of the occupants wasn't so scared, limiting my speed. But I've got a diesel with a turbo, this thing lives for stuff like that.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
IPad pics are accepted though Nick1994
Strange that iPhone and iPad pics are different format. I just tried a pic from my iPad and yup, they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back