My 2014 BMW M235i at 8 years and 70,000 miles

Cooling system issues since about 2012 are pretty much nonexistent. No exploding tanks or radiators. There's one potential failure of a rigid hose which leads from the expansion tank to the radiator. It'll go somewhere north of 50k miles. $25 part and 5 mins to replace.

Plastic mickey mouse connector needs to be replaced at around 100k miles.
Coolant reservoir is still an issue.
Both Mickey Mouse flange and reservoir are issues on N55 in F30. Not sure B48/58, but they are still young.

I purchased my M235i as a CPO car six years ago. It had just come off a two year lease and only had 15,000 miles on it. Over the last 55,000 miles I've been quite pleased with the reliability. The auxiliary fan packed it in at 21,000 miles, which I think was a fluke. The oil filter housing gasket stated to seep at 55,000 miles and was replaced under the CPO warranty. I had the ATF changed at 60,000 miles, which also addressed a seeping pan gasket. Finally, the NVLD emissions pump was replaced under an extended warranty that BMW issued pursuant to a TSB. The Condition Based Service system is estimating I'll need new front and rear brakes in @40,000 miles. Fuel economy ranges from 15 mpg at HPDEs to 32 mpg cruising at 80 mph; the overall average is around 26 or 27 mpg- not bad for a car that can click off a 0-60 sprint in the low four second range. View attachment 87110View attachment 87111View attachment 87112
It also cleans up pretty well. I plan to hold on to it until I can pick up an M2 Comp at a reasonable price; it's been 27 years since I owned a true ///M car, and I'm not getting any younger.
Good looking ride!

Back