Mustang Mach E 0-60

Here is an excerpt from the latest Car and Driver. The official number is 5.1 seconds with a faster model coming out soon. Enjoy.

0705D5F1-8984-4237-BC27-CC5AE302A58B.jpg

I could see buyng one of the base models. I don't need 0-60 in 2 seconds to drag race anyone.

I imagine the Ford guys will buy 'em and love 'em.
They will magically forget their hatred of all things EV!

Or maybe swap a 289 and 4 speed outta a '66 'Stang GTA Fastback?
All good.

I imagine the Ford guys will buy 'em and love 'em.
They will magically forget their hatred of all things EV!

You hit it Jeff -the hypocrisy will be strong here.
I can hear the rationalizations in my head already.

I couldn't live with IONITY/ electrify America only at this stage though.

You hit it Jeff -the hypocrisy will be strong here.
I can hear the rationalizations in my head already.

I couldn't live with IONITY/ electrify America only at this stage though.

It looks like it has a pretty standard J1772 CCS plug so I don't believe it would just be limited to Electrify America or Ionity. If that is the case owners would just have to setup another account with ChargePoint, Blink, etc. which have a pretty massive network themselves. Would just lose the benefit of the automatic handshake for billing, but really getting a charge going on ChargePoint takes about 10 seconds to tap my phone.

It looks like it has a pretty standard J1772 CCS plug so I don't believe it would just be limited to Electrify America or Ionity. If that is the case owners would just have to setup another account with ChargePoint, Blink, etc. which have a pretty massive network themselves. Would just lose the benefit of the automatic handshake for billing, but really getting a charge going on ChargePoint takes about 10 seconds to tap my phone.

Aren't those chargers pretty weak?

Level 2 runs ~6-6.4 KW so lets say about 10 hours for a full charge on a Mach-E, some of the DC fast charges I have been to run up to ~62 KW so could prob juice up a Mach-E in a little over an hour.

Those are really weak for a road trip compared to ionity/ electrify america.

I equate those to " while shopping" chargers vs road trip chargers.

Level 2 is about 6.9 kw at the ChargePoints I go to. That’s what the Bolts are drawing up to.
There was a test where the Mustang was parked next to a 3. I’m sorry the Mustang looks like an experienced car company made it. Is that too harsh? Or eye of beholders are different? 😄

Level 2 is about 6.9 kw at the ChargePoints I go to. That’s what the Bolts are drawing up to.
There was a test where the Mustang was parked next to a 3. I’m sorry the Mustang looks like an experienced car company made it. Is that too harsh? Or eye of beholders are different? 😄

Model 3's top out at 250KW then bleed down quick after 15 minutes, but will sustain 100+ for a long time.

Back