Mud Flaps - Yea or Nay

Here is a picture of the non-factory mud flaps on my 2014 Corvette. They barely stick out however they do help protect it from chips. I installed them and it took about 5 minutes per corner.

Attachments

• Drmlm8xAQ4K%hS8vQKK82Q.jpg
    Drmlm8xAQ4K%hS8vQKK82Q.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 5
  • P8eZCIPyQd6oyT0CiLvDJw.jpg
    P8eZCIPyQd6oyT0CiLvDJw.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 5
The mudflaps on my Rogue did nothing to stop the meth head from plowing into it, greatly reducing longevity. You can also see they didn’t stop a mist from dirtying the car, but did cut down on buildup that would get your pants dirty.

I have them on our Chrysler Town and Country to keep the pants of the occupants clean. The front ones make a difference and the rear ones balance out the look.

My pickups have always had mudflaps on them, and they all regularly saw gravel roads. I believe they helped keep rock chips down.

Attachments

• IMG_1181.jpeg
    IMG_1181.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 5
I put some small molded ones on my '05 Canyon. The vehicle was white and driving our county roads when wet or freshly mag'd resulted in noticeable mud spray on the vehicle sides. The flaps helped a lot with that.

That said, I've owned numerous trucks since then and never bothered. I do have some fender flares on my F150 that approximate the same purpose, but would trap more in the rust belt.

Back