MP3 player help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sansa Fuze 8 gig lists for $89. Where did you get it for 49? Maybe they will have a great deal on the clip.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Sansa Fuze 8 gig lists for $89. Where did you get it for 49?

Look at the link he posted earlier from Newegg. $49 is for a refurbished unit.

Oh, I can get a refurbed sansa clip for 30 off tigerdirect. I was leary of refurbed, but maybe a good way to go. They said refurbs get new batteries.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Oh, I can get a refurbed sansa clip for 30 off tigerdirect. I was leary of refurbed, but maybe a good way to go. They said refurbs get new batteries.

There is nothing you can refurbish in an MP3 player other than it may be in someones' ear once or so, or the shell scratched up a little in some surplus store. Units that get returned to the store has to be sold as refurb instead of new.

So the refurb could be a good deal, if you get the right one. They told me that the factory repairs any defective parts, but what you say makes more sense. Joe Blow returns his because he just didn't like the way the controls are arranged, or he found a better deal. Now a perfectly good player is on significant discount. Well, maybe refurb is the way to go.

OTOH, I can keep converting to mono and create tons of space on my 2 gig which I only listen to in mono anyway. I do like the display on the Sansa Clip. Also can sort by artist, album, genra, rating, and I think others.

Also that Radio Shack Sansa Clip 4 gig for $45 looks good compared to Meijer regular price of $50 for the 2 gig.

Thanks all, very good discussion.

Well after all that I ended up buying a couple of rechargable AAA batteries and am running the battery hog 4 gig mp3 player. Actually works out pretty good. Have abouy 575 songs on shuffle and another 111 songs that I duplicated so they would come up twice as frequently. Also a benefit is that in a pinch I can still use regular throwaway batteries. I am getting about 12 hours per charge on NiMH Sanyo AAA batteries advertized at 1000 mAh. The Sansa Clip still looks good, but I like the idea of replacable batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back