Moving To Phoenix, Suggestions?

I notice that Duragloss has more of a following than Collinite in warm climates.

I think the main challenge is to keep the sun from chewing up the interior. The dashboards are way better than they used to be. Nevertheless, I would get a bottle of 303. I would use it on all the plastic/ rubber surfaces, not just the appearance items.

Pay attention to the condition of the windshield wipers. It rains so seldom that wipers will be replaced and rot out before they see a drop of rain water. Consequently, you see cars with arcs of scratches across the windshield a lot. A lot of people get the engine steam cleaned when they drive through a dust storm.

I don't miss it a bit. Phoenix is the windless City. Few clouds. Starting in early May you start to get temps in the nineties. The sun comes up. It gets hot. After about 10:00 pm the temperature drops below 100. Day after day. Then it turns humid in mid July. September is nice absolutely everywhere else but Phoenix. There's usually a gruesome crime or two after people receive the third degree every day for five months straight.

Personally, I didn't care for the social scene that much. My theory is that people who are preoccupied with being warm all the time are not your best element.

Tint your windows! The heat and sun/UV is rough there. I lived in Arizona for a few years (Phoenix for a couple of them) and window tint helped the most. Ensure your A/C is in good condition along with your vehicles cooling system. As far as the paint/exterior, something with good UV protection in it. A lot of vehicles there have sun burnt paint.

If the color of your vehicle(s) is light your routine should be fine. If they're dark ditch the 845 and go for something fully synthetic like one of the new Turtle Wax products or, even better, a true ceramic like CQuartz Lite. The hot sun will evaporate a wax on a dark car in weeks or even days.

Edit: this is an old thread that someone bumped and I just noticed my reply above.

Back