Detailing Question #1-

What pad can I use on my PC 7424XP to remove wax? Lambswool?

Background: I am going to detail my maroon Altima in a few weeks and I have a question about what to use to remove the wax.

I will:

Wash
Clay
Polish
Menzerna PowerLock Plus Sealant
Top it with Collinite 915

I’ll use a Lake Country gray, red, or blue finishing pad to apply a VERY THIN coat of the 915. I know not to let the wax dry before buffing, otherwise life becomes miserable trying to remove it.

While I would normally use a high quality polishing towel to remove the sealant or wax, I thought using the PC7424 might help to ensure complete wax removal and avoid streaking.

Suggestions?

I know not to let the wax dry before buffing, otherwise life becomes miserable trying to remove it.
No modern product is a misery to remove. Not telling you what to use and not too familiar with Collinite, but isn't that something from the 50's or 60's? Many more advanced products available today that last longer and easier to apply.

Menzerna is pretty good on it's own. I'd use a red or black foam pad for the Collonite and put it on so thin that you can barely see it. Use a good microfiber towel and remove. I wouldn't use the PC for removing you LSP.

Your clay and polish will remove whatever product you have on there.

What polish and pads are you using? I would avoid lambswool.

For applying the 915, I would use a waxing pad that has no cutting/polishing to it. I think that's the red pad but double check. Reason is after your polish and sealant, if you use a polishing pad, it's going to take off whatever you just put on and most likely swirl up your car, negating all your work.

While I would normally use a high quality polishing towel to remove the sealant or wax, I thought using the PC7424 might help to ensure complete wax removal and avoid streaking.

Suggestions?

Back