MOTUL OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys I have been lurking about this forum for a few years. I have a 2.0L MX5 that is about 2 years old. I changed out the factory oil at 1300km with Mobil 1 10w-30, then again at 5000km with Mobil 1. I change my oil out every 5000km. At approx 20,000km I changed to Royal Purple 10w-40. Now at 35,000 odd km I have changed to Motul 5w-30. I am very impressed with this oil. I thought the Mobil and Royal Purple were supposed to be good and I think they are ok but this Motul is different. The car seems to be able to rev quicker, quieter and starts up better. With both the Mobil and Royal Purple, there were tenths of a second where I thought there was little/no oil lubricating the internals. With Motul it appears that there is a film left behind on the internals which prevents metal to metal contact. I think I'll be sticking to this brand now. I urge some of you guys to give it a go. BTW apparently it has zero shear loss too.

Motul is great oil but at some countries it is overpriced.
Mobil has too many varieties nowadays, and from what I try only the A5 labelled and the Ow series is still great.

Are you referring to 300V? Yeah its a great oil, but IMO a bit overkill in your application.

Motul oils are ester based oils, and are designed for racing and other heavy duty applications. The cost is what keeps most of us away, the last time I looked it was close to $15 per liter to get some where I live. Great oil though, no doubt why your engine likes it.

I had great success with Motul 5w40 8100 Xcess in my Saab. My best UOA yet. I am currently running Redline instead as I can get it for 6 dollars cheaper. Like others have stated, great oil, but quite costly, especially if you do not do long OCI as I do not.

I hope he doesn't let any of his Aussie friends know he's using such a feminine grade of oil, unless of course he wants to show a woman his sensitive side
LOL.gif

"Girl, I'm not like all those other guys, I have feelings and emotions, I use 5w30 motor oil"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back