Motul 8100 X-cess 5W40, 19,992mi, '11 Audi A4 2.0T CAEB

Status
Not open for further replies.
This UOA is for a 2011 Audi A4 with a turbocharged 2.0L CAEB 4cyl engine running Motul 8100 X-cess 5W40. Vehicle is equipped with an APR Stage 1 ECU tune and is daily driven VERY hard. Customer is a Lyft/Uber driver and racks up mileage very quickly. 50/50 mix of city/hwy driving. Located in the Southeast US. Oil consumption was 3 liters.

* Customer went well past our recommended oil service interval.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Chipped, and doubling the interval...seems like someone is looking forward to timing chains. Actually looks good considering, but I would be so worried the entire time.

Originally Posted by Audios
Chipped, and doubling the interval...seems like someone is looking forward to timing chains. Actually looks good considering, but I would be so worried the entire time.

It had the timing serviced with the updated tensioner approximately 30k miles prior.

Originally Posted by dustyroads
That's very impressive. A decent amount of make-up oil but still....

What's the oil capacity in that engine?

That was our thoughts! If it was any other 2.0T driven normally it would still be an excellent UOA, but factoring in how aggressively this customer drives REALLY makes it shine.

Oil capacity is 4.6L. What we usually see killing them is oil starvation from oil leaks or consumption, which can potentially deprive the timing tensioner of oil.

Just 4.6 liters of oil? That makes the results even better. I know it's a small engine but I was under the impression that Audi engines had high capacity sumps. Thanks for the reply!

Originally Posted by ctrcbob
Last two times I leased cars in Europe, the owners manuals said to change oil every 30,000 kilometers (18750 miles).

Europe has better (real) synthetic oil vice the phony Group III American Synthetic.

They use the same manufacturer's specifications and largely the same oils in Europe as we do in the USA. (you know Europe is a continent, right?)

I think what you mean to say is that (in Germany) for an oil to be labeled "Vollsynthetisch" or "Vollsynthese," the majority of it's base oils must be Group IV or V.

Their longer drain intervals stem from their mandated low-sulfur fuels and their desire to be more environmentally conscious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back