Motul 300V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motul 300V is specifically designed for shared transmission motorcycles, so the "no moly" rule doesn't apply to 300V. It is used in most the MotoGP and World Superbikes racers even though they are sponsored by Mobil 1. Just got back from pits at Miller Motorsports in Utah and was impressed by the number of World Superbike teams using Motul 300V oils. One of the finest, highest quality oils in the world IMO.

My experience with 300V 15W-50 is that it is a very very low friction oil. The engine starts faster and runs a bit longer on shutdown. Has to be a combination of additives and it's base.

It is a great oil I believe.

Originally Posted By: Pete591
My experience with 300V 15W-50 is that it is a very very low friction oil. The engine starts faster and runs a bit longer on shutdown. Has to be a combination of additives and it's base.

It is a great oil I believe.

Does anyone know what "diester" means on this forum anymore? There is not a finer, more expensive basestock oil available on the retail market today. I challenge anyone to show me a synthetic oil on the market with a better advertised basestock than Motul 300V. For crying out loud, almost none of the other oil companies will even admit if they even put Group IV or Grp V base stocks in their oil much less advertise that they use 100% Group V diester basestocks right on the bottle. Where is Molecule? Has this forum turned into a "my engine shifts better with XXX synthetic so it must be better" site? Jeez....already.

Originally Posted By: ZGRider
I challenge anyone to show me a synthetic oil on the market with a better advertised basestock than Motul 300V. For crying out loud, almost none of the other oil companies will even admit if they even put Group IV or Grp V base stocks in their oil much less advertise that they use 100% Group V diester basestocks right on the bottle.

You mean beside Maxima, RedLine, VP synthetic, Silkolene,.....

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
I challenge anyone to show me a synthetic oil on the market with a better advertised basestock than Motul 300V. For crying out loud, almost none of the other oil companies will even admit if they even put Group IV or Grp V base stocks in their oil much less advertise that they use 100% Group V diester basestocks right on the bottle.

You mean beside Maxima, RedLine, VP synthetic, Silkolene,.....

Group V. is Group V. at the end of the day and it has superior heat and shear resistance.

I like that Motul says it's a diester on it's label too.

There is not a finer, more expensive basestock oil available on the retail market today. I challenge anyone to show me a synthetic oil on the market with a better advertised basestock than Motul 300V.
I totally agree! If you don't believe that 300V has REAL Ultimate Power you better get a life right now or Ninjas will chop your head off!!! It's an easy choice, if you ask me.

Motul 300V is sooooooooooo sweet that I want to [censored] my pants. I can't believe it sometimes, but I feel it inside my heart. 300V is totally awesome and that's a fact. 300V is fast, smooth, cool, strong, powerful, and sweet.

My fleet of V-Twin mower engines run best on Motul 15W-50 300V. After trying M-1/Redline/RP and Amsoil...all of which I respect..the Motul has an edge...even compared to other Grp.V.'s it exceeds their performance to me.

It rocks.

My fleet of V-Twin mower engines run best on Motul 15W-50 300V. After trying M-1/Redline/RP and Amsoil...all of which I respect..the Motul has an edge...even compared to other Grp.V.'s it exceeds their performance to me.

It rocks.

Since when was Royal Purple ever Group V? I'm not even sure it is even Group IV. They certainly don't want to say so. Royal Purple is the biggest rip-off there is IMO. Amsoil used to say they contained PAO, but you can't find any of their advertising stating that anymore. Yeah, Redline and Maxima are very good Grp V based oils and I use Maxima Ultra in some of my racing bikes.

Originally Posted By: Lorenzo
There is not a finer, more expensive basestock oil available on the retail market today. I challenge anyone to show me a synthetic oil on the market with a better advertised basestock than Motul 300V.
I totally agree! If you don't believe that 300V has REAL Ultimate Power you better get a life right now or Ninjas will chop your head off!!! It's an easy choice, if you ask me.

Motul 300V is sooooooooooo sweet that I want to [censored] my pants. I can't believe it sometimes, but I feel it inside my heart. 300V is totally awesome and that's a fact. 300V is fast, smooth, cool, strong, powerful, and sweet.

I have used Motul 300v in a couple of motorcycles that i have owned in the last couple of years. I have this 300v 10w40 in my ducati 999 and it runs great! The only downside is the price!

It rocks.

Since when was Royal Purple ever Group V? I'm not even sure it is even Group IV. They certainly don't want to say so. Royal Purple is the biggest rip-off there is IMO. Amsoil used to say they contained PAO, but you can't find any of their advertising stating that anymore. Yeah, Redline and Maxima are very good Grp V based oils and I use Maxima Ultra in some of my racing bikes.

Pao may be great as far as taking abuse and lasting long but additives don't dissolve well in them which isn't good.

Good ole co-op makes a 0w-40 hdeo that says pao on the label in the upper corner. I used it a few times but Caterham talked me out of buying any more. 26 bucks for 5 litres was a nice price too.

Any UOA's on the oil?

I wonder is Sunrah has tested it.

I know lot's of people that use it in the racing community but know a lot that use Rotella.

Still waiting to see an oil related failure in the current generation of bikes.

i havent tested the 300V.
i've only tested the 5100 at this point

i doubt you will ever see a failure because of the oil itself.

Although it's hard to prove whether M1 is using Group V or Visom base stocks, I love the M1 0w30 and 0w50 Racing Oil.

I think they are Group V oils.

Quote:
Group V. is Group V. at the end of the day and it has superior heat and shear resistance.
ah....Group V is anything that is not Group I, II, III, or IV. Some Gr-V base oils are superb, and some aren't.

Some JASO-MA motorcycle oils contain moly as shown by the oil analyses or the oil's TD sheet. Rotella T6 is one, Schaeffer #707 is another.

If only the Mobil 1 racing 0w30 and 0w50 weren't so darn expensive. I'd probably run a mix of the two. Phishin where do you get your M1R from?

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 or 20W50 JASO MA are not the same as Mobil 1 Racing automotive racing. 4T is mostly Visom, less PAO, with small pct of AN Gr 5's. I thought Mobil 1 automotive Racing formulas were mostly Gr.5 di & polyol-esters mixed with AN and a small pct of PAO. Completely different add packs as well.

It happens that I'm on my 3rd batch in my DL650 Suzuki now, around $9 + tax, this past spring. I've upped the mileage from 2100 on the first round to 2700 this time. The slightly increased grit on my drain magnet makes me think I'm overextending it.

The auto Racing (relatively hard to find) oil internets for like $16 -$20 qt, and is likely a clutch killing EP moly additive-packed lube.

Which, segways into the real attraction here, -which actually is on topic with this BITOG thread-, in that I've decided to switch from M1 to Motul 300V 4T Factory Line 10W-40 for the 3 subsequent changes to seen if there's any improvement in similar or longer OCI's to how I'm running M1 4T. I now have 8L at for just over $15 per. Caps still on, haven't seen the green colored liquid yet.

I'd like to see how these quantify wear rates, and I'll run 2 M1 4T OCIs followed by 3 Motul 300V OCI's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back