Motul 300V report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you have maybe UOA Motul 300V 10w40 oil.
I want to see if it is suitable for touring motorcycles.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Does the oil meet the specs of your touring motorcycle? If yes, the oil is suitable.

There's nothing a UOA will tell you that can guarantee it will be suitable for your application. It depends if it meets the specs and weight required, that's all.

A UOA is good for insight on if the oil remained in grade, insolubles, particle counts (if tested), and the amounts of detergents and AW compounds in the oil, and that's about it. Anything else "derived" from a UOA report is pure speculation, as the UOA is NOT a valid test to determine "wear" or even see if your engine is on the verge of a catastrophic failure. You need different tests for quantifying wear, and they are extremely pricey.

Motul 300V 10w40 will meet and exceed your mileage expectations...

[Linked Image]

Crazy stuff, but you don't determine the suitability of a motorcycle oil via a $35 UOA. Somehow I think you already knew that, right?

What SubieRubyRoo posted above, and what I know I already posted in one of your other threads is correct. The only way to determine suitability is via the manufacturer's specs and approval requirements, and what the oil carries as approvals and specs.

Why is this concept sometimes so hard to grasp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back