Motul 300V Competition 5W40

This is the newest 300V 5W40. Recognized as a top racing oil, but I will be using it for combined street and track (HPDE).
No mfr or API approvals, but Motul claims it provides LSPI protection, is compatible with E85, and is compatible with particulate filters.
Data sheet:
cSt @ 100C 13.5 (does not agree with Blackstone measurement)
HTHS 4.0
TBN 8.1

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 5.19.03 PM.png

Holy Moly! You just don't normally see that much Moly in oil... Nice! Although the viscosity 12.77 is a bit low for a 40. It still looks like a great oil though. Thanks!

Holy Moly! You just don't normally see that much Moly in oil... Nice! Although the viscosity 12.77 is a bit low for a 40. It still looks like a great oil though. Thanks!
Blackstone warned a few years ago that bcs. most of their customers send UOA, their methodology is geared toward that. People should expect VOA to be not as accurate as UOA.

Blackstone warned a few years ago that bcs. most of their customers send UOA, their methodology is geared toward that. People should expect VOA to be not as accurate as UOA.
I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up.

It is still informative, do not get me wrong. I have like 15qt of that's tuff, so good to know what is in :)
And to add to that.. I've read where some labs say to use different testing standards, on some perimeter testing, for Virgin oil. If the lab doesn't use that specific testing for unused oil but instead uses the used oil standard it will throw off the numbers I would imagine.

Bumping this up again. Any downside running this in short oil change intervals, low miles on the street? Say, change every 6 months, 1000 miles in an application that calls for a 5w40? Downside other than frequency of oil change and cost?

Motul says, depending on the load, the oil should be changed earlier. With normal use on the road, this can also remain 10000 kilometres inside.

Bumping this up again. Any downside running this in short oil change intervals, low miles on the street? Say, change every 6 months, 1000 miles in an application that calls for a 5w40? Downside other than frequency of oil change and cost?
I'd order it from FCPeuro to bring the cost down and follow their suggested interval in case they give you grief over the free replacements:

The manufacturer recommends 5,000 miles or 6 months if used for normal street driving. For racing use or mixed track day use, change Motul 300V every 1,500 miles, 3 months, or every 2 to 3 track days.

Do they object at FCP if you try to swap it every 6 months?
No. I've been swapping my fluid every 6 months for several years now. Spark plugs every 10k. Given their policy only objects to items returned "prior to the end of their reasonable, useful life" and that quote was from their own product page, I can't see it being denied.

What’s the recommendation for drain internal?

I used this often in my Ducati super bike but I’d like to use it in my Porsche GT3RS.

Tracks days. Mountain rally’s. Lots of higher revs

I usually change 3500 miles. I did the same with 300V in my Ducati.

I currently use Motul x-max. My only other concern is lack of Porsche spec but this is a better oil

What’s the recommendation for drain internal?

I used this often in my Ducati super bike but I’d like to use it in my Porsche GT3RS.

Tracks days. Mountain rally’s. Lots of higher revs

I usually change 3500 miles. I did the same with 300V in my Ducati.

I currently use Motul x-max. My only other concern is lack of Porsche spec but this is a better oil
I have not seen anything from Motul on a recommended drain interval. I can say that I did a UOA after 2,000 miles, which included 5 track days, and that the oil could have gone longer before being changed. Over on Rennlist there are comments that 3,000 miles of mixed street/track is OK.

I have not seen anything from Motul on a recommended drain interval. I can say that I did a UOA after 2,000 miles, which included 5 track days, and that the oil could have gone longer before being changed. Over on Rennlist there are comments that 3,000 miles of mixed street/track is OK.

Thanks. I’m far from expert but my concern is lack of detergents for longer drain interval?

I do blackstone each change. I may try and go 3-3.5k and check and compare.

Back