MotorTrend reviews the 2013 Ford Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I couldnt find one for the 13 accord, but here is the K24A2 from the TSX. Also stock vs tuned. Notice that this one starts at 2000RPM instead of 1000 for whatever reason, and the torque still has to climb a good deal to hit max.

In the interest of more fairness, the new Accord's 2.4L shares very little with the TSX's 2.4L engine. They share similar blocks, but most everything else is completely different. The TSX's engine is tuned for high-rpm power, and that is evident in the graph. Its power peak is at 6,800 rpm and its torque peak is at 4,500 rpm; both figures demonstrate that this engine is a fast spinner.

The Accord has the K24W3, which still produces maximum power at a high rpm (6,700), but produces maxiumum torque at 3,900 rpm.

Oh that comparison was just to make a point, which you confirmed - where the onset of max torque is. That was the only point. The ford gets it at 1500 vs 3900...

But the point is the same.

According to Jalopnik, the Fusion might have some difficulty making its EPA MPG numbers in the real world. Time will tell on this one.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
Why bother with a V6 when the 2.0 Ecoboost puts out 240HP and 270 ft/lbs?
I suspect the V6 will last longer.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
Why bother with a V6 when the 2.0 Ecoboost puts out 240HP and 270 ft/lbs?

Both the V6 camry & Accord have about 268 horsepower, do 0 to 60 under 6 seconds, and get 5 mpg better than a titanium fusion in consumer reports real world mileage test. Ford made a beautiful car ...... but even consumer reports notes that the gas powertrains are lackluster and a major disappointment. Toyota & Honda V6 both get 26mpg ...... ford titanium 21mpg !!!!!!

Last edited:
Looks like it's trying too hard to live in Aston Martin styling shadow, and that to me is a turn-off. I liked the previous gen. Fusion better, at least it looked original somewhat. From the side it looks disproprotional and sorta bloated.
Fusion was the closest contender when we were shopping for wife's car, as it still has more personality compared to Accord/Camry/Altima etc.
However the transmission (auto) felt weird and finicky. The Mazda is loads better on the auto trans.

This is what MT said about the autos...(2012 model probably - idk if anything changes for 2013 or not)

"... If you desire even a modicum of driving enjoyment from your midsize sedan, this transmission alone is a major reason to buy the Mazda6 over a new Honda Accord or Nissan Altima and their soggy CVTs, or the new Ford Fusion or Chevy Malibu and their stubbornly unresponsive autos..."

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1210_2014_mazda6_first_drive/viewall.html#ixzz2NSXYaJno

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back