Motorex Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was curious if anybody used this particular brand of oil. It is a Swiss origin and makes my Maxima look reasonable, so of course it begs the question: is it any good, is it built better/as good/worse, and do we like it 'round here?

No, I don't plan on running it in my cars, but was curious if the bikers had given it a shot and opinions therefore...

I often see their stickers around the crankcase fill holes of european motorcycles like KTM's and BMW's. The Euro-bike crowd and the specialty oil crowd seems to like it.

I'll never buy it because it's really expensive. I'm a member of the "I don't believe in motorcycle oil, but instead use HDEO for reasonable OCI's" crowd.

You see Motorex stickers on KTM's because KTM and Motorex have a money deal going on for factory fill.

And the euros like it because KTM says to use it.
In fact, a large percentage of US KTM owners use it because KTM recommends it. And they will always argue about how KTM has to have top notch engineers testing and deciding what the very best oil to use is. (LOL)

But being naive and ignorant doesn't mean one can't be a skilled rider though. (shrug)

Oh btw...
KTM was touting Shell products up until about 2002 or so.
They were the very best you could put in the bike...however, the particular oil that KTM was touting wasn't available to the US market (by far their largest sales niche).

Marketing is at work here, and all other aspects are not being considered...by the mfg anyway.
I prefer not to become a dupe for marketeers and their bologna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back